custom .ui file not to be opened with glade.vcp

More
01 Oct 2022 16:12 #253185 by millathe
Hi,
I created an .ui file for a manual tool change with glade 3.38. Opening it with gladevcp creates a weird  error message:/linuxcnc/configs/sim.axis$ gladevcp WZW_BUTTON.ui[GladeVCP][INFO] Logging to: /home/gerhard/gladevcp.log (logger.py:102)tool_mmap_user(): file open fail: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefundentool_mmap_user(): no mmap file,continuingmmap tool data not available, continuing emc/usr_intf/axis/extensions/emcmodule.cc[GladeVCP.QTVCP.QT_ISTAT][CRITICAL] Misssing LINEAR_UNITS in TRAJ, guessing units for machine from JOINT 0 (qt_istat.py:125)[GladeVCP.QTVCP.QT_ISTAT][CRITICAL] Misssing UNITS in JOINT_0, assuming metric based machine (qt_istat.py:129)[GladeVCP.QTVCP.QT_ISTAT][CRITICAL] INI Parsing Error, No MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY Entry in TRAJ (qt_istat.py:352)Traceback (most recent call last):File "/usr/bin/gladevcp", line 346, in <module>main()File "/usr/bin/gladevcp", line 216, in mainwindow.set_title(opts.component)AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_title'

Adding the file to axis panel does therefore not work  (adding that line of code to the .ini =>GLADEVCP = WZW_BUTTON.UI) .
There is no error message but it is simply not displayed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2022 18:08 #253195 by cmorley
What version of linuxcnc are you using? you may be using the wrong GLADE version to make the panel.
You can add -d to the gladevcp load line to possible get more info.
The following user(s) said Thank You: millathe

More
01 Oct 2022 21:36 #253201 by HansU
Is the name of your GtkWindow in your ui file different from "window1"?
That can cause problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: millathe

More
08 Oct 2022 12:40 #253750 by millathe
thanks guys I think it was the wrong version - I fixed that by doing my gui by pyvcp

More
09 Dec 2022 23:40 #259051 by tommylight
@Millathe,
You have created another topic with the same title, please do not do that.
Now there are two of the same in the database and it is impossible to delete any of those as it ends up deleting both.

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds