Need help Homing sequence in H-bot( CoreXY) system

More
01 Jul 2019 22:46 #138340 by andypugh
It is just possible that the problem is with where your corexy comp is in the loadrt list.

You might need to force it into a position between read and write functions.

addf takes an optional integer parameter to say where in the sequence to load the new component. (Though it is poorly documented)
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/hal/basic-hal.html#_addf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2019 20:52 #138435 by nbremond
Thanks.
I changed the position of corexy to be in the 3rd (as far as I remeber) positionin the servo thread queue, and I increased the FERROR parameters for Joint 0 and 1 from 1 to 2.
Now the machine is working great, as far as I can tell. It can reach 60000mm/mn in fast jog. This is great.
There is still a lot to do: wiring, tuning, etc...

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.

Attached is a picture of the machine under construction (sorry for the mess!). The overall size is 1m x 1.5m. It' based on the Workbee design and I have added a second CoreXY type gantry for 3d printing (in the front). This good think about it is that the motors are not moving with the gantry, allowing less moving weight and consequently better accelerations. The original gantry (in the back) will be used for routing wood and machining wood, plastic or aluminium parts.

Best regards,
Bernard
Attachments:

More
02 Jul 2019 23:00 #138452 by andypugh
Having two gantries on one machine is quite an interesting idea.
You could configure one system to be a toolchanger for the other.

More
03 Jul 2019 16:56 #138546 by nbremond
Hi,

I'll make it simple: I plan to use one OR the other: I'll "park" all the way on Y the unused gantry.
And I'll load a different configuration files :
- one for 3D printing,
- and one other for CNC machining,
- and maybe one day, a different one for a laser cutter/engraver

In order to save some IO, I had to share some stepper outputs between the 2 gantries (eg X of CNC=Joint0 of coreXY, Y of CNC=Joint1 of corexy...) I'll use the Enable signal of the stepper drivers to choose between one stepper ot the other.

What do you mean by "You could configure one system to be a toolchanger for the other." Could you develop a bit ?

More
28 Jul 2019 00:51 #140781 by rodw
There is also a new post with a corexy component just posted on this thread here;
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...slation-for-trivkins
I hope the devs pick up one of these solutions and integrate into the core code. The other one is on github if it helps.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds