3D printers and stuff related to them or made on them!

More
22 May 2021 02:06 #209817 by BeagleBrainz
I really enjoy my 3D Printer.

First real "thing" I made was a template to locate a third bolt hole when doing "the 3 bolt head mod" to my BF20........which also required the purchase of a proper drill press, well at least a decent bench mount one.

I used it endlessly to create some tiny trunking for the rewire of the control cabinet. Along with mount frames for the Odroid & mesa cards, and various custom wire brackets.

My son is into painting mini figures, and he's really good at it,(if I can find a cheap ex medical skeleton I'm going to ask him to go to town on it) so when he bought an airbrush setup I was able to print a holder for the air brush. Next on the list is paint shaker as he found an old electric fan by the side of the road.

Been thinking about a resin printer, I like trains, and saw this, pretty good resolution:

There is also a mini version which I think the young bloke may get as either a Birthday or Christmas present, so he can print out minis.

The only downside is I have a box of prints that came out wrong as the CAD guy can be a bit of a dill at times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2021 00:06 #210154 by my1987toyota
Hey Tommylight any chance you may convert one of your big plasma tables to a 3-D printer?
Just think of the scale of parts you build. Although I'd hate to see the size spool of filament you would need. LOL

More
25 May 2021 00:14 #210158 by andypugh

Hey Tommylight any chance you may convert one of your big plasma tables to a 3-D printer?
Just think of the scale of parts you build. Although I'd hate to see the size spool of filament you would need. LOL

I was about to suggest that the work envelope was wrong. But for 3D maps of mountain ranges it could be perfect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
25 May 2021 00:36 #210166 by BeagleBrainz

I was about to suggest that the work envelope was wrong. But for 3D maps of mountain ranges it could be perfect.

What about a large mat of LEGO type shapes, for days that you need to inflict some distress to bare feet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
25 May 2021 10:54 #210212 by anfänger
I might order a 3d printer this week.
One comes here fro shelter to keep to the existing methods of burning time and money and now...

More
25 May 2021 12:38 #210220 by tommylight

What about a large mat of LEGO type shapes, for days that you need to inflict some distress to bare feet.

-
It crossed my mind more than once, but the time it would take to print a 6 square meter area at 20cm height would be something like 20 years!
Still working on attaching a CO2 torch to it though, thinking of doing a PID loop with voltage, current and wire speed to control the feed rate. Pretty sure it will fail miserably as exploding stuff is not easy to tame in open air situations.
Size wise, the biggest printer i have is 450x450x470 but the biggest thing i printed till now is 200x200x300, so i still have space left before moving to the big table.
The interesting thing i found out with 3D printing and trying to save time is, print things one by one, never several things at once, it takes less time. So while printing a lot of cable chain links i set up two of the smaller printers to print one link > pause till table cools > move the head behind the part and push it forward nocking it out of the table > print next > rinse and repeat. I do have a video of it that needs editing as it is over 40 minutes long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger, my1987toyota

More
26 May 2021 17:50 #210369 by shpatb
got my crs 10 pro v2 yesterday ,
Tomy infected me with this 3D printing virus.
enjoy :))))))
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, CNCFred

More
30 May 2021 18:54 #210720 by anfänger
boil mine up this weekend:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

the first test ran surprisingly well.

File Attachment:

no my first 24h job is running

File Attachment:

this shall become the first test of sk30 holder to go non on my mill.

File Attachment:

after all it's getting better than expected an I should have done this sooner.

More
30 May 2021 21:01 #210740 by andypugh
A tip... Don't mount tapered tools in tapered holders. They stick. It's a worse problem with locking tapers (Morse) than with non-locking (7/24 tapers like R8, BT30, SK40...). For your rack you probably want the taper to have some small clearance when the flange of the toolholder is sat on the top surface.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

More
31 May 2021 09:02 #210782 by anfänger
If it would have gone to plan, they would have been slightly oversized. But I need to start over anyway:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Looks like warp, crash, mess. I‘ll give it another try with the collet trays. For sk30 will print cones only and make the tray out of sheet metal

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds