Has YouTube Run It's Course ???

More
25 May 2021 23:06 #210283 by my1987toyota
If you are a content creator on YouTube you no dought have gotten the latest terms of sevice saying and I quote

"YouTube’s right to monetize: YouTube has the right to monetize all content on the platform and ads may appear on videos from channels not in the YouTube Partner Program".

Now I understand hard drives cost money . That said you have to reach a set threshold before you can be a " Partner "
This means they can now use your hard work to ONLY enrich themselves and in my opinion is going too far.

I have already seen this on my YouTube channel. I don't know about anyone else but I am about ready to pull my channel altogether .
I know my channel isn't much but I would rather pay for space then let BIG Corporate make thousands off of my work at their discretion.

Am I the only one this irritated by this last move of theirs?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigJohnT, tommylight, snowgoer540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2021 00:13 #210288 by tommylight
I was irritated when they lowered my view count by more than half, now i am P.O., but then again i am a small fish there, so small that ............ never mind.
I did not bother to read the terms and other cr@p their lawyers put together, i just do not care, i live in a country that can not monetise any damn thing.
Any way you look at it, it is the only usable video-whatever-it-is, there are so many other startups trying to get into that space that i am really wondering how they forgot the time it took for youtube to get to actual profit and how much it costs to get there. I foresee a lot of bankrupt companies and window jumping in the near future, and that is the happy prediction, i am pretty sure we are already in a "CyberPunk" state where corporations rule, not governments, and this is just one of the steps that got us here.
For all this i blame humans and humanity in general, to lazy to work or play ( like play outside with balls and bikes and stuff, god forbid, they might get injured ) and the absolute addiction to the useless cr@p on the net.
Ooops i said "cr@p" twice, well 3 times counting this, so i am off for now, before i go off on a tangent ....
The following user(s) said Thank You: thefabricator03, my1987toyota

More
26 May 2021 01:03 #210293 by my1987toyota
Yeah while I was writing the first post I was trying very hard to not go full on Rant/Tangent. And yes I believe corporations control governments as well.

More
26 May 2021 04:40 #210303 by BeagleBrainz

If you are a content creator on YouTube you no dought have gotten the latest terms of sevice saying and I quote

"YouTube’s right to monetize: YouTube has the right to monetize all content on the platform and ads may appear on videos from channels not in the YouTube Partner Program".

Now I understand hard drives cost money . That said you have to reach a set threshold before you can be a " Partner "
This means they can now use your hard work to ONLY enrich themselves and in my opinion is going too far.

I have already seen this on my YouTube channel. I don't know about anyone else but I am about ready to pull my channel altogether .
I know my channel isn't much but I would rather pay for space then let BIG Corporate make thousands off of my work at their discretion.

Am I the only one this irritated by this last move of theirs?

Whilst this sux. There is a whole lot more going on at youtube that really needs addressing. Actually you can throw FB & Twitter into that same camp. I don't want to get into politics, but there does seem to be a bias towards one side.
They also need to decide whether they are Platforms or Publishers, not just claim to be on or the other when things suit them.

Since they've had "The Purges" I miss all the conspiracy channels & videos, they made for good light entertainment. At least Has Wormhat is still there pointing out all the animals that are fake and his "investigations".
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
26 May 2021 04:42 #210304 by BeagleBrainz

Yeah while I was writing the first post I was trying very hard to not go full on Rant/Tangent. And yes I believe corporations control governments as well.

sssshhhhhh they get you for wrongthink, crimethink or a thought crime.

More
26 May 2021 23:32 #210404 by my1987toyota

Thanks BeagleBrainz that's very Orwellian. LOL. I will stick to my principle Don't trust ANY politician .

More
27 May 2021 00:30 - 27 May 2021 00:31 #210409 by BeagleBrainz
I've lost trust in almost everything I read, see & hear.

Take a recent story.

A morbidly obese "model" claims to have anorexia........and we are supposed to accept it without question.

Welcome to room 101.

Humanity may have run it's course.
Last edit: 27 May 2021 00:31 by BeagleBrainz.

More
27 May 2021 00:51 #210413 by my1987toyota
when I was younger I wondered how civilizations collapsed.
Now though I just need to look outside my window or drive to work and I have my answer.
I am a firm believer of the John Calhoun mouse utopia experiment and though humans are
far more complex the outcome still seems to be the same.

More
27 May 2021 00:56 #210414 by JohnnyCNC

Thanks BeagleBrainz that's very Orwellian. LOL. I will stick to my principle Don't trust ANY politician .

Or any "Journalist".

More
27 May 2021 02:22 #210417 by arvidb
If your channels aren't super-popular, maybe something like MediaGoblin could do the trick? I.e. self-hosting.

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds