Has YouTube Run It's Course ???

More
29 Aug 2021 12:31 #219094 by Grotius
I was thinking to design a tiny algoritme to index all youtube's download url's. So far as i know the url's are fixed.
And then save this url's with a tiny picture of the content. This info would be nice for program's that want
to play music without commercials, and data can be saved on the fly. Music or content can then be mixed by dj's.

The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2021 13:00 #219598 by my1987toyota
 For now the software I use is doing ok in dismissing the commercials before they are seen That said it's always
 this cat and mouse game of bypassing ads or the ads forcing their way onto the screen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius

More
04 Sep 2021 13:25 #219602 by tommylight
I still laugh when i read somewhere on the net " click here if you do not want to see adds anymore" ! :)
I never see any adds anywhere, youtube included.
-
Mozilla Firefox with these addons, also preferences:do not track to always, enhanced tracking protection to strict.
-adblocker ultimate
-noscript
-popup blocker strict
-dark reader
-video downloadhelper

The following user(s) said Thank You: Grotius, my1987toyota

More
11 Nov 2021 10:31 - 16 Nov 2021 15:56 #226089 by Nemikon
I am pretty annoyed by advertising on YouTube, but at the same time, I understand perfectly well that this is just someone's way to make money. Perhaps I wouldn't mind making money like that, but I'm not a content maker at all. It remains only to watch at the embodiment of someone else's fantasy. I still don't see any reason for myself to subscribe, so for a while, I tried to use converters like loader.to. Yes, this is a really good thing, but damn, I'm losing my sense of some kind of authenticity. After all, YouTube is not only content, it is also design and comments, it's my habit, after all. It doesn't affect me in any way that someone is making money, while I have to watch a stupid 15-second video about a phone I can never buy. Now I think, maybe this advertisement doesn't bother me so much .... Sorry, just thoughts out loud.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2021 15:56 by Nemikon.

More
12 Nov 2021 00:00 #226162 by my1987toyota

Nemikon post=226089 userid=30782I am pretty annoyed by advertising on YouTube, but at the same time, I understand perfectly well that this is just someone's way to make money. Perhaps I wouldn't mind making money like that, but I'm not a content maker at all. It remains only to watch at the embodiment of someone else's fantasy.

I am not much of a content creator either . I don't have the time, and lets face it some people can naturally be entertaining
I am apparently not one of them. I post when I can in the hopes of it helping someone else who may have questions on the same subject as I am filming, or as a type of documentation incase I need to repeat something.

More
12 Nov 2021 05:48 #226186 by rodw
Sounds silly but I got rather excited to see ads on my channel cos I figured Youtube thought I was worthy enough to steal some of my traffic. 
Its got about 20 videos over 10 years.... starting with driving a Toyota around an island before doing some plasma stuff which are mostly quickies done on my phone..

More
13 Nov 2021 00:11 #226257 by my1987toyota
rodw do you still get to drive around . I haven't been able to do 4X4 in a while. Hopefully this coming year I can get back out their .

More
13 Nov 2021 03:21 #226273 by rodw

rodw do you still get to drive around . I haven't been able to do 4X4 in a while. Hopefully this coming year I can get back out their .

I wish! last time I went out was last November. A mate was trying to get me back into a 4WD club.... I will say combination of a body lift for clearance, super high approach angles from my barwork, factory locker and the traction control meant I almost fell asleep!

More
13 Nov 2021 11:31 #226311 by my1987toyota
It does seem that after a certain modification point a vehicle becomes so capable that off-roading looses it's challenge.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds