New CNC Mill, Expert LinuxCNC person wanted for new VMC Project.

More
18 Feb 2019 17:36 #126720 by KoenigCNC
hi All the gantry is Number 3 of size and type. It is being built so Can machine the new VMC. The previous two machine were five Axis with Siemens Controls.

I would like to use a Linux control on the New Machine. The goal is to build the frames here in the US and sell the K443(40x40y30z) as a kit machined and ready to assemble offer the parts Ballscrews, Linear rails etc and have a Linux based turnkey control.

The hard part of building a machine is having a machine big enough to machine the parts for the new machine. Locally the cost of having my parts done by an outside vendor way crazy expensive.

Anyone wanting more info drop me a note. I am wiring the spindle today and finishing the modification on my z counter balance.

For reference the small mill frame picture and ready to be machines is 72 inches wide 84 tall and 96 deep

Any thoughts on the project or helpful suggestions are welcome its a work in progress.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2019 00:46 #126740 by tommylight
That last one on rollers i like a lot ! To bad i am 12000 Km away, i would get one in a heart beat. I have some THK 35mm rails with long carriages new collecting dust. They would be perfect for that. Also have some 45mm, but not enough for that.
How much would that cost roughly, ground, drilled and tapped ?

More
20 Feb 2019 16:43 #126824 by KoenigCNC
Hi Tommy

Shipping might be bit of a problem. I have a smaller one I am working on that might be interesting. Got the spindle turning on the Gantry Yesterday. Error comping and doing final alignment on the Gantry and hope to start machining the parts for the New 443.by end of month. I would really like to get some help putting a Linux based system on the New Mill with the goal of offering it with the pre-machined parts. Drop me a note when you get a chance. Maybe we can work on the control remotely or you can pop over to Pacific North West and check it out. Salmon fishing is coming so there is that to add to the mix.

More
25 Feb 2019 19:02 #127115 by tommylight
No problem, was just curious on the price.
We gladly help, always.
I would visit, but due to some private "things" or "issues", i never did go to U.S. despite having citizenship for over 3 years.
I have not been fishing for at least 25 years, i was pretty good at it.
Thanks for the invite.

More
26 Feb 2019 18:07 #127176 by KoenigCNC
HI Tom

Still working on Pricing for the frame and kit components. Ball screws, Linear guides bearing blocks etc. I am building two more frames like the one pictured and will keep better track of time and material. I Also have a Tool changer for it. All the mounting holes will be pre drilled and the enclosure will come as a flat pack ready to assemble.as well as chip auger and coolant tank. More pictures coming once I get some of it machined.

More
04 Mar 2019 17:41 #127714 by pl7i92
Hi Very interesting Stuff you make
Im around Kaiserslautern if you like
www.youtube.com/channel/UCGuJsIoXW-exBAwdn38dXow/videos

More
04 Mar 2019 21:35 #127734 by KoenigCNC
Thanks I looked at and subscribed to your you tube channel its very informative. I am working on getting a Linux cnc system working on a small mill I built for testing. I am trying to get it set up and operational so I can better understand the system

More
05 Mar 2019 00:06 #127737 by tommylight
How does the pricing forecast looks ?

More
05 Mar 2019 14:19 #127790 by pl7i92
Around here some People Mashine Builders sold there Nearly comparable mashinings at around 30k Euros
with 12 ATC

More
06 Mar 2019 17:25 #127902 by KoenigCNC
Hi what size machine are they putting together. My machine is 40x40x30 Inches
20HP 24 tool side mount machine weight approx 11,000 lbs. Its a full size VMC and will have full enclosure Ground Ball-screws and 45 mm Linear rails flood coolant

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds