Using G71 on Sherline Lathe

More
03 Aug 2013 07:13 #37373 by CliveFouche
Axis does not recognise G71. Is there a solution or a work around?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2013 15:11 - 03 Aug 2013 15:11 #37375 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Using G71 on Sherline Lathe
There has been a bit of talk about this lately. The current version of linuxcnc does not implement G71.

For now some are using sub routines and ngcgui to get similar results.

Take a look on the forum. You might want to start with...

linuxcnc.org/hardy/hardy/index.php/russi...6422-lathe-odprofile

linuxcnc.org/hardy/hardy/index.php/russi...ines-g71-g72-etc-etc

also look here...

linuxcnc.org/hardy/hardy/index.php/russi...6760-new-gcode-cycle

Rick G
Last edit: 03 Aug 2013 15:11 by Rick G.

More
20 Aug 2013 21:06 #37888 by jlviloria
hello,

Install the patch mod2.diff

www.bpuk.org/linuxcnc/

jorge

More
22 Aug 2013 12:37 #37949 by CliveFouche
What is the procedure for installing this patch. Thanks

More
22 Aug 2013 20:04 #37968 by jlviloria
greetings,

you must first install the Master of LinuxCNC:
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Instal..._the_source_with_git

enters the product to leave you previous post. and download the mod2.diff, right click copy.

when you installed the Master of LinuxCNC, should be a folder named generated linuxcnc-dev, copy the mod2.diff in that folder.

then open the terminal and type.

cd linuxcnc-dev

sudo git apply g71-patch-2-initial-feedback-mod2.diff

cd src

make

sudo make install

Jorge Viloria

More
23 Aug 2013 12:20 #37984 by CliveFouche
I am using EMC2. Can this patch be installed in EMC2 or do I have to change to Linux CNC. I am not a software expert to the level that some assume and all I want to do is write code and machine components. Getting into the source code is not my thing and it scares me. I have done nothing on these machines because I keep running into problems with the software. I don't have a problem writing G code as I have been doing this for years but I am having a hard time getting my head around EMC2/Linux CNC.

More
23 Aug 2013 17:15 #37992 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Using G71 on Sherline Lathe
Well if you do not want to jump in to the deep end of the program, but you are more comfortable with g code take another look at the first two links I posted.
What version of EMC2 are you using?

Rick G

More
23 Aug 2013 18:51 #37996 by cncbasher
This i think should be incorporated into mainsteam , due to the fact that not everyone has the skills to add by what ever methods , and that the majority of commercial and other variants of controllers do . along with commercial cam packages that output this by default , we should make this seamless to the end user .

The more Linuxcnc is inline with the standard practices the better , and leave scripting and other methods as powerful as they are for other uses
this will bring more users to the community long term , as i often come across the 'Linuxcnc does not support ' x function that others do .

Especialy for users , that need to run the basics out of the box .
I Think it would be a good addition longterm .

More
23 Aug 2013 19:15 - 23 Aug 2013 19:40 #37997 by mhaberler
Jorge -

please note that master has the capability to do exactly that - arbitrary new canned cycles - without a single line of C++ programming since almost two years. This can easily be done with Gcode remapping.

The documentation is here: www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/remap/s...emap_g_code_cycles_a

The examples are here: git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...f533d97cbe80bdec6ade

please see also the profile recording example laid out here, and the mailing list discussion about a year ago: git.mah.priv.at/gitweb?p=emc2-dev.git;a=...st-recorder-by-remap

Can I therefore suggest you rework this functionality using a remapped code along the lines of the example above, which I am happy to add to master for you.

regards

Michael
Last edit: 23 Aug 2013 19:40 by mhaberler. Reason: fix uri
The following user(s) said Thank You: jlviloria

More
23 Aug 2013 20:27 #38001 by jlviloria
Michael,

Thanks, if I tried to put into practice remap your great work. but the results were not expected and not by software if not my programming level is not adequate to do something like this.

linuxcnc.org/hardy/hardy/index.php/russi...6760-new-gcode-cycle

look what I've accomplished with REMAP. has helped me a lot, to go forward in my learning, because as I say I prefer g-code cycle. NGCGUI percent still missing to integrate better with LinuxCNC, is my humble opinion,

NGCGUI should be able to take the call values ​​generated with the program. but it does not or at least not how.

I like the work of nick, but as I say lathe operations are not very advanced in my opinion.

Thanks,

Jorge Viloria

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds