LinuxCNC 2.8.2 released -- rtai -- mint -- ethercat work with?

More
08 Aug 2021 13:18 - 08 Aug 2021 13:22 #217224 by bkt
A year ago I turned my first car with Ethrcat and Linuxcnc .... obviously at the beginning with many embarrassments but then much better. The fact is that I have no time to devote ... I spoke a year but real time was about 2 weeks. For the truth since the last RTAI was released on Ubuntu 10.04 (never more obtained that cycle times), I always used Prempt know. Now I'd like to try the RTAI as long as there are no problems with EtherCat that I really like .... Someone has already tried? If there were problems I would satisfy you waiting for better times.

These rtai is avaiable only for buster or work with Mint at least? And work with ethercat?

any suggest and tips are welcome and was appreciated.
bkt
Last edit: 08 Aug 2021 13:22 by bkt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2021 13:28 #217226 by tommylight
As far as i know, RTAI does not work with ethernet/ethercat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
08 Aug 2021 14:52 #217243 by db1981
hello bkt,

from the linuxcnc-ethercat point of view it doesn't matter which realtime system is used...

But at the etherlab master side, sascha dropped rtai support at the time stretch was released.. it has been to much work to do an build/install environment (ec-debianze) for rtai and preempt kernel.
So if you able to build and config the igh etherlabmaster by yourself under rtai, it will work....

More
08 Aug 2021 18:14 #217250 by rollfree
I use RTAI with EtherCAT without any problem.
Special EtherCAT version of Ethernet drivers (ec_xxx.ko) are IRQ-less and and can work fully in kernel mode.

More
08 Aug 2021 18:39 - 08 Aug 2021 18:39 #217251 by bkt
so only problem seems time ... these mont we need to use it for start ethercat yellow module to work on a real machinery. It need 1week .... impossible built with rtai without help. So better is use old 2.8 preempt. Peraphs seems 2.8.2 was quite different structrure of header and file. I think need to study better new 2.8.2 first. Not see switch-kins for example, but real appreciate the fix old bug about singletone user comp.

Happy August and holidays to all. Whether in front of the PC at work or the sea in holiday or both as happens to me.
bkt
Last edit: 08 Aug 2021 18:39 by bkt.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds