Kollmorgen S300, Danaher S300, telemecanique lexium 15 stuff over EtherCAT

More
11 Nov 2022 13:40 #256429 by foxington
Hello gentelman,

I want to share some of my research goals with servodrives based on Kollmorgen S300 platform and in the licence assambled stuff Danaher S300, telemecanique lexium 15... platform base on Kollmorgen S600 and in the licence assambled stuff Beckhoff AX20xx. There was ability of purchase EtherCAT card for these drives. 

I was in contact with friends from local Beckhoff office, guys from local Kollmorgen support office and guys from US from Kollmorgen manufacturer.

BUT!!!!

They are very powerfull tools for running over pulse or analog regulation with tons of capabilities areadly implemented in the one soled sheetmetal cover. I did long months research of capabilities of running these stuff over flexible mapped PDOs over ethercat.

Kollmorgen S600 and in the licence assambled stuff Beckhoff AX20xx there is no possibility to run it over flexible mapped PDOs over etherCAT because there are used old shape of etherCAT protocol which has not implemented flexible PDOs at all. You can run it only over premapped stuff.

On the other side there are servodrives based on Kollmorgen S300 platform and in the licence assambled stuff Danaher S300, telemecanique lexium 15... there is some missmatch on websides(logic of some bits in config software) of producer and there are no usefull information at all. It was no support from any dealer because it is older hardware. It was terrible to find any useful information. S300 group should be used to run over flexible mapped PDOs ONLY from hw rev. 04.00 and higher and SW rev. 5.13. There is some parameter in DriveGUI (DRVCNFG3 bit 16) should be setted to 0 for using flexible mapped PDOs. These drivers can not control in CSP mode over 0x607A but only over incremental input over 0x60C1 with resolution per rotation in 2^1 to 2^28. Next border are limitation of usefull rotation of shaft and it is limited by 32 - the power number is substracted. When you have resolution of one turn 2^10(increments) your revolution range should be 2^22(rev of shaft) or resolution of one turn 2^22(increments) your revolution range should be 2^10(rev of shaft) for example. There is a lot of other restrictions of using this stuff over etherCAT. If somebody is interested in details, please let me know below

There is no ability to switch to homing mode in mode parameter 0x6060 during running only and only in startup sequence.

Regards Slav
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2022 15:14 #259824 by c.honza
Hi, for your inspiration. There is old version of my project with Servostar S300 (S600 works too). I am on holidays and actual version is not  available.  

File Attachment:

File Name: src.tar.gz
File Size:908 KB
Attachments:

More
18 Dec 2022 15:40 - 18 Dec 2022 15:45 #259827 by foxington
I will check it, I do not know if we are in same mind setup. There was written infomations about running drives with flexible mapped PDOs which are only on S3xx and S7xx with hw and sw revision higher written(see www.kollmorgen.com/sites/default/files/p...ads/srethercat_e.pdf).

It is possible to run it over premapped PDOs, there is way I think.

or? 

I glad you for any news from this field. 
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Dec 2022 15:45 by foxington.

More
15 Jul 2023 20:23 #275544 by foxington
hello,

if somebody is still interested in running older kollmorgen stuff over ethercat, I have done several succesfull steps. But from beginning it will be great to read several words from this greenhornview poor described  manual .

- download manufacturer .xml file 
 - update EEPROM of ethercat board on the driver
 - get running .xml file
 - create custom hal component - homing, CSP, CSV mode implemented 

I somebody want to run it, you have to install next stuff -
    - DriveGUI for servosetup
    - twinCAT3 for eeprom update

Drivers have for development reasons several EEPROM configurations and just two of them are supporting 
flexible mapping PDOs. If you have working driver with hardware 04.10 and newer and software 05.16. You have to
download manufacturer .xml file where are everything written. 

Cards EEPROM should overwrite very easily over TwinCAT3 preinstalled tool. Read or save actual and overwrite with right one.
Next you have to setup DC and internall incremental resolution of driver over driveGUI software. 

When is everything setted right just you will use files from attachements. If somebody have questions about it, please let me know below
and I can described more informations because it has more to setup then it looks like.

COMPONENT is not tested with more then one axis because I have not more servomotors. I will have tested it in the new future. Run it carefully! You can use it with S300 and S700(ethercat implement as default).

I think I will have to create a github probably for issuses reporting. let me know

Reagrds F.

Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2023 18:24 #279190 by foxington
hello,

*** more updates ***

you can run more stuff with old ds402 interface 

till now - kollmorgen s3xx to s7xx firmware with flexible mapping pdos only 

from now - Pilz PMCtendo DD5 and PMCprotego D + kollmorgen s3xx to s7xx firmware with flexible mapping pdos

there is separated .xml files + updated ds402 component for control + .hal config example 

enjoy

regards Slav

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Aciera

More
04 Jan 2024 13:52 #289777 by kenedy1
I have Beckhoff AX2006 drivers. What do you think, will be possible to run it with your configuration?

More
04 Jan 2024 14:39 #289784 by foxington
hi,

it will defenetelly can control in the predefineted PDOs.. (*but you have to write demandPosition or demandVelocity component which will transfer datas in the right format to your stuff...*) Flexible mapping PDOs easy probably not, because they have not flexible mapping PDOs and working with demand position/velocity/tourqe control not with constant synchronised stuff... They are great in analog mode.. resolver at motor and linear scale at axis.. it has 2 feedback connectors and possibility to emulate TTL RS422 signal from both of them to the control by predefinated setup over Software DRIVE.EXE  ... which can be installed under linux by my step by step guide.
do you have ethercat cards for them yet?

regards foxington
Attachments:

More
05 Jan 2024 11:57 - 05 Jan 2024 11:58 #289853 by kenedy1
Yes, I have 3 pc AX2006 and 2 pc AX2020 with siemens motors and B110 EtherCAT cards. I have tried this drivers in past, they works in DC and VELOCITY MODE with predefined PDOs, PID control loop in Linuxcnc. But periodically after 5 - 10 seconds ETHERCAT lost frames, working counter error happens and driver control loop make a random moves. I can't figure out where is the problem. Have you any idea how to solve this problem?
Last edit: 05 Jan 2024 11:58 by kenedy1.

More
05 Jan 2024 12:29 #289856 by foxington
hello,

lets a look at DC synchronization configuration. It should not be as default. It should be larger then "300" nanos
<dcConf assignActivate="300" sync0Cycle="*1" sync0Shift="0"/>

It is too old hardware to run it with all ethercat stuff, from my point of view... it was developed before CIA402(canopen standard). I think

they are no supported from any manufacturers in the world at all... I had terrible problems with the newer but just obsolite S300/S700s.. I broke a stick over them and build just single machine over ethercat... I burned off eeproms(till I found how to overwrite them in the right way) of two ethercat cards B110 from beckhoff .. they have least 5 types of eeprom config and noncountable count of hardware and software revisions which are different in many things..

I have many of S300 which should run over ethercat on the my rack but I do not have a ethercat cards... pitty :/ 

they do not have probe function just the homing which was horror to build ... therefore I had to write own hybrid component ds402.comp because of overleaks of non cia402 to new canopen ... there is no documentation at all... Everyone who you ask from beckhoff or kollmorgen put hands away...

Only Pilz are reselling them nowdays but in the price of 3 years car.. because advanced safety... AND for S300 they have not offering ethercat from default... I asking technical support for some help with their PMC tendo DD ... and their was shocked, 2weeks of nonsence questions,  how I can control their non ethercat stuff over kollmorgen ethercat stuff :D

but no worries at all, there are much more better drivers on the market in the 1/5 price... 

excuse my verbosity,

regards Slav

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds