Unstable ETHERCAT during network connection

More
28 Aug 2023 18:40 - 28 Aug 2023 18:40 #279193 by foxington
hello folks,

have anybody had experiences with weird behavior of ethercat, when there are more network adapters on board?

I have hooked up ethercat on first  enp25s0 with generic driver(original for ethernet is e1000e) and second enp0s16 is for ethernet with (8190too realtek).

When I have plugged and installed ethercat on single of them, it works fine.. But if I connect ethernet on one of them and ethercat on other of them at same time, ethernet works just fine and ethercat starting freezing... drivers go to bootup menu and lcec crached... should be there some problem with kernel or something else?

Where can I just started digging?

here is hwls
Warning: Spoiler!

currently I am using older hybrid iso with prepripared autoinstallation from dominik braun with kernel 

Warning: Spoiler!

is this installation tested? should be solution for me?

thanks

regards Slav
Last edit: 28 Aug 2023 18:40 by foxington.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2023 21:12 #279215 by rodw
Corbett got a bit ahead of himself while Etherlabmaster were finalising mainlining their Debs to their final official repository.
THe simpler approach is here forum.linuxcnc.org/ethercat/45336-etherc...step-by-step?start=0
I've updated it to make it as simple as possible including hosting a repository for the Linucnc ethercat driver.
If you were starting from scratch, download my .ISO linked at the top of the  first post and all the repositories are installed so everything can be installed in one line using apt get
The following user(s) said Thank You: foxington

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds