search for EtherCat slaves mini io board 24V dc

More
01 Oct 2023 16:31 #281996 by bkt
As title post, I search for a very little slaves board like 40x40mm with 4 or 6 digital input, 2 or 4 digital output and one analogue input ....there are a lot of ardeuino based board but too mutch and too big for my request ..... so I ask if anyone knows of any such small slave components or any project ...

thanks on advances for any suggest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2023 19:33 - 01 Oct 2023 19:35 #282017 by Hakan
If it just had been the digital I/O you could get by with a LAN9252 in digital i/o mode (no MCU needed). But with the analog input, you need something to deliver the analog value to the LAN9252 such as a MCU. A single LAN9255 should in theory be able to do it. It should be possible to squeeze onto 40x40 mm, but I don't know of any such project.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2023 19:35 by Hakan.

More
02 Oct 2023 03:15 #282041 by rodw
Small: www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004740047192.html

This one has everything www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004377766525.html
Its very hard to find an affordable I/O board with analog and even more so an encoder. But this one does it!

More
02 Oct 2023 05:55 #282044 by bkt
thanks but for cabinet io ethercat I know a lot of item and test more than 10 model ... perhaps all quite ok .... but now my intention is find somethings very little to insert near limit switch in a very small spaces .... like 40mm x 40mm x 20mm more or less .... so some boardf socket instead rj45 soket for example seem better ... or soldering ethercat connection can be a solution .... these for explain better how little can be these board ...

More
02 Oct 2023 10:23 #282059 by pippin88
I had the exact same thought.

A small ethercat IO board to be located on the machine, for example on Z axis - could have limit switch, probe input etc.
Then only need one or two network cables. Ready made network cables are easily available and cheap.

But I could not find a board like this.

Even 8 IO ethercat boards are large and expensive.

More
02 Oct 2023 15:54 #282070 by bkt
i see some experiment on hackaday.io ..... but I hope someone have to produce it not as experiment only ....

More
03 Oct 2023 05:51 #282126 by rodw

I had the exact same thought.

A small ethercat IO board to be located on the machine, for example on Z axis - could have limit switch, probe input etc.
Then only need one or two network cables. Ready made network cables are easily available and cheap.

But I could not find a board like this.

Even 8 IO ethercat boards are large and expensive.

A lot of ethercat servo and stepper drivers have I/O built in for min,max and home sensors. Ideally they would be used in conjunction with a custom homing module so homing and limit errors ocurrs in the drive itself. One day I will try that. If you used 220v servos, you could easilly place the drives beside the motors and also add a small 24 v power supply for the IO beside it.
Another option is to use PoE (power over ethernet) to provide power for IO.
Beckhoff have servos that  include 3 phase power and ethercat signals in the one cable.

So your small I/O boards may not even be necessary

More
03 Oct 2023 16:18 #282172 by bkt
He rodw, thanks .... but i know well all ac integrated drive and backhoff drive (not all product for sure).... for europe for example Axor product but many other .... but really need a custom little board for very small place for 2 or 3 input and 2 or 3 output 1 analogue if possible .... was for insert a little push button in small place and drive a little led as user signaling .... but have a very little spaces and very little hole for wiring (max 6mm diameter) so 2x0,22 for power 24V dc + 4wire ethercat is max i can use .... unfortunately.

More
03 Oct 2023 21:55 #282218 by rodw
See if you can do something with this www.mikroe.com/ethercat-click

The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds