Need help implementing EtherCAT spindle driver

More
18 Feb 2024 23:20 #293727 by Pro_El
Hello
I am trying to connect VTS spindle driver with EtherCAT. I try to read a lot of posts here on forum but i finish  to install LCNC system 2.9 with ROD step by step instruction and running EtherCAT Master. I cannot figure  way to connect with HAL pins
forum.linuxcnc.org/ethercat/45336-etherc...step-by-step?start=0  ( only this is done)

I will need help to connect the spindle driver with HAL if it is possible 
It is CIA 402 compatible 
I provide here documentation from factory and XML file from factory
Hal and INI files that are closer to my case is needed too 
Thanks for your help and guide to connect this driver
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2024 19:24 #294106 by Pro_El
Is there is no person that can help and gives me guide where to start with ethercat spindle driver implementation????

More
24 Feb 2024 01:28 #294157 by scottlaird
I don't know if anyone has EtherCAT CiA 402 VFDs working right now. It's probably not all that hard, in the grand scheme of things, but the CiA 402 HAL module that people are using for servos doesn't support the "vl" mode that CiA 402 VFDs use, only csv and csp modes. So, to get this working today you'd need a generic XML file to map a dozen or so PDO entries to HAL pins, and then you'd need to manually poke things into CiA 402 registers to switch to vl mode and get things set up. After that, controlling the speed should be pretty trivial.

I've been working on generic CiA 402 code for a while, and I'll probably finish the basic support for "vl" pins this weekend, but that still doesn't leave you with a working spindle. Fortunately, I have an Omron MX2 sitting here, and the EtherCAT card for it is due ~Monday, so maybe I'll have a working EtherCAT VFD demo before too long. After that, we'll have to see how much work it is to either add vl support to the HAL component or create an independent vl-only component. It's not clear that there's really a lot of overlap between vl and any of the other modes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: besriworld, Pro_El

More
24 Feb 2024 06:07 #294177 by Pro_El
Thanks a lot Scottlaird
I like these drives because they are multifunctional and can drive in servo mode too. It supports all encoder input with extra cards like incremental TTl, Analog SIN/COS, Resolvers.  I didn't realize that ethercat for spindle has never been done in that mode. Thanks for clarifying that to me. 
This drive can be drive in a servo position mode too, Servo torque mode too and speed mode

System control mode inside drive
 Position loop.
 Speed loop.
 Torque loop.

C2−000 EtherCAT speed reference unit
0: rpm
1: pulse/s

If it is more easy we can try in pulse Ethercat mode for servo or spindle i am willing to try.I provided XML from the factory in the first post, if it is of any help, I have a working PC system with ethercat installed with ROD instructions, That is all I have now.. + A lot of old servo motors, spindles and machines that i can try :)

www.vectorque.com/3-7kw-15kw-vts-series-...ed-ac-drive_p42.html

In the pdf document i upload in the first post, you can see the drive support these modes
PP(ProfilePositionMode)
CSP:CyclicSyncPositionMode 
CSV:CyclicSyncVelocityMode 
CST:CyclicSyncTorqueMode

I am willing to try in any mode that is supported with linuxcnc and drive..
I am new with ethercat .. please give me more detailed instructions..Thanks for your guide..

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds