Probing

More
19 Aug 2023 19:40 - 19 Aug 2023 19:42 #278491 by anton610
Replied by anton610 on topic Probing
Last edit: 19 Aug 2023 19:42 by anton610. Reason: Already posted

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2024 19:01 #292094 by TMLKyza
Replied by TMLKyza on topic Probing

i have a metric machine

I have the same problem here mate, furthermore, in the post settings in fusion some values are in inch/min and I'm scared to test it in my machine.
Has anyone adopted this code for the metric system? Are there any updates?

More
04 Feb 2024 18:52 #292425 by TMLKyza
Hi, I tested the post, I had to change a couple of things to make it work for my machine but all is well.
Today I tested the probing function too and.. it didn't work.
No clue why, the only thing I was trying to do was probe a hole and update the WCS, the hole centre, and diameter and all get picked up but when it comes to changing values in the offset table it doesn't work.

To be clear, what I was trying to do is:
I have my jaw offset in G59, in fusion, I create a setup that uses G55.
The WCS setup point is in the same location as G59, then add a probing OP that overwrites G55 using the reference of G59.

Let me know if you have any input!

More
02 Mar 2024 12:03 - 02 Mar 2024 12:07 #294908 by TMLKyza
I've had a bit of time to better understand the macros etc.

And I've finally made everything work.

You can see it working both here and here .

What I've done is modify the update macro, so that in the working coordinate system (WCS) it will copy the values of the reference coordinate system (RCS), make the probing and then correct the WCS, leaving the RCS untouched.

It has both upsides and downsides.
For the first, it makes more sense to start from the RCS and correct its offsets in the WCS other than use G54's values and correct those.
Because of this, it makes it way easier to debug if anything went amiss (as of today nothing went wrong and I've used it several times on production runs).
It allows the use of intermediate setups to update multiple RCSs! which is nice as you can throw some soft clamps in the vice and forget about it (I'll post a video about that too if you are interested).

As for the latter, because the Z value is not initialized you'll have to copy it from the offset page or use a probing move.
This is to ensure that the machine will not crash! If you feel brave enough go ahead, but I'd advise you to probe or at least copy over the Z offset.

As for the PP, I've made a couple of modifications:
First was converting everything to Metric as Imperial units really don't say much to me.
Then I cleared up and streamlined the cooling section, It now supports Air/flood as Mist cooling (which is what I run on my machine)
I've removed the G43 calls, as the M6 remap I run already takes care of that.
Lastly, I've added an option to dwell for the spindle to get up to speed and added the corresponding option in the PP configuration window.

You can find both the Macro folder and the PP attached!
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Mar 2024 12:07 by TMLKyza.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds