G code error Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start

More
19 Oct 2021 22:05 #223596 by Sverabak41
Hello everyone, this is my last ditch effort at figuring out what to do here as I have no clue about coding, and often times don't understand most things I've read in these forums, but hopefully this will reach someone very patient who can help me figure this out. I've tried posting to the Fusion360 Autodesk forum and got zero answers. I saw a pretty recent post here about this exact same problem I'm having, but it seems like no solution was reached. 

I'm getting an error when I open my .ngc file from Fusion360 in LinuxCNC that reads "G code error Radius to end of arc differs from radius to start".

In the post processor box, "Radius Arcs" is unchecked. I tried checking it and seeing what happens, and it just made me get a different error message- "Arc radius too small to reach end point".

I've tried unchecking "lead in" and "lead out" in the passes tab in Fusion, per someone's recommendation, changing the tolerance to .0001, changing the units in the post processor dialogue box to "mm", and all of this has been unsuccessful.

I was just CNCing similar forms on this machine last week, so I have zero clue as to what is going on. If anyone has any suggestions about services or people I can hire to help, I would be open to that too, because if the solution has to do with editing code, I don't know where to start. I'm doing this for a job so unfortunately it's time sensitive (as everything is- I know). Thank you and sorry to anyone who had to read this!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2021 22:41 #223599 by tommylight
Usually it means there are tool offsets be it in Fusion or LinuxCNC and the radius of the tool is bigger that the arc that needs to be cut with that tool.
And please use the search function, only on the "fusion 360" section there are several topic with the same subject on the first page, two of them started by Paulsao recently.
The thing with offsets it use CAM or LinuxCNC offsets, never ever both.

More
19 Oct 2021 22:57 #223601 by Sverabak41
Hi Tommy, I really appreciate your response, but I wrote that I did see those posts with the same subject, and I read through every single response and tried out whatever I managed to understand. In the end, the original poster Paulsao stated that he was still running into the same issue, and that was basically the last of that conversation.

I'm also very willing to hire someone to help me if anyone reading this has a recommendation, since this is all way over my head, but from reading other answers to this type of inquiry in this forum, it seems like people would rather troubleshoot through this site.

"The thing with offsets it use CAM or LinuxCNC offsets, never ever both." So you're saying that the issue is either in CAM or LinuxCNC, and I have to find which one is offsetting the tool?

Would you be able to point me in the direction of how to find the tool offsets, or how to edit them?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
20 Oct 2021 00:35 #223607 by tommylight
What it is used for ? Milling? Lathe? Plasma?
All CAM software including Fusion have provisions for setting up the tools to be used for each process with lengths and diameters, same goes for machine control software = all have tool tables and can have tool compensation enabled or disabled.
Hence using those provisions only on one of the software is paramount for successful work.
I can not help with Fusion as i never used it, but i would advice to disable all types of tools or use a tool with 1mm diameter and use the LinuxCNC tools and compensation, this way you can always adjust stuff on the go without having to go back to CAM.

More
25 Jan 2022 18:57 - 25 Jan 2022 19:15 #233088 by smc.collins
I've read several of these replys and I am suffering with a 12.7mm tool trying to ramp down a 41mm bore, and I get the same faults.

the issue is that linux CNC has a problem, either the defaults are wrong or there is some other issue. the fusion360 cam generator works fine with other cnc controls. the issue is with linux cnc afaict. 

How to fix it ???

File Attachment:

File Name: downbore.ngc
File Size:636 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2022 19:15 by smc.collins.

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds