Issue with groover and finishing passes

More
31 May 2022 15:58 #244294 by russjhammond
I suspect this is more likely a general machining or CNC issue. Trying to make a curve on my Sherline CNC lathe. The image in white is the Fusion model. Next image is after I do the roughing with a groover. Last image is after finishing passes. In that last image, you can see the right side of the curve hasn’t been formed and is still rough but the left side of the curve is correct. I run two finishing passes, one each direction. Any thoughts as to what might be causing the issue?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2022 19:48 #244308 by robertspark
no idea....

can you post the gcode?

can you provide pictures of the tools used....

my thoughts with a lack of info are 
tool shape (profile) not matching that in fusiontool offset not being the same or correct following a tool change
do you have a tool table set with offsets?

have you checked and tested the offsets X and Z are correct for all tools?

More
01 Jun 2022 00:50 #244330 by russjhammond
Here are pictures of the general setup, tool used for profiling, screenshot of tool table,

File Attachment:

File Name: SimpleHolderv6.20.ngc
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:

More
01 Jun 2022 03:50 #244343 by spumco
Check the F360 operation... think it's under passes (last tab before linking).

Looks like you've got pass direction set front-to-back and not both directions.  Check it in sim at slow speed and see if its engaged in both directions.  The grooving strategy has some funny settings.

More
07 Jun 2022 12:42 #244719 by andypugh
I wonder if Fusion "knows" that the controlled point of the groover is in the middle of the tool for orientation 6?

Is it possible that G41/G42 is turned on and the postprocessor is assuming that it is off (or vice-versa)

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds