small hole with arc lead-in pp Fusion 360

More
23 Feb 2023 02:31 #265089 by paulsao
Kind regards.
Could someone help me with this problem, I am making a series of holes in Fusion 360 with the pp, but there is a hole that does not follow the pattern of the arc and the cut never occurs in the plasma it skips that hole.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2023 03:59 #265098 by tommylight
Moved to "Fussion 360" section of the forum as it is not a PlasmaC issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsao

More
23 Feb 2023 23:43 #265170 by andypugh
Looking at the G-code, it all follows the same pattern until line N420. At that point it makes a circle (with the arc off) then returns to the pattern.

If you just want to make the part I would hand edit (cut and paste, changing the Y value) to put that hole in.

But I have no idea why the PP is not inserting the arc-on in there.

As an aside, it is interesting to see that the PP is inserting $0 commands to be specific about the spindle number. This is not normally necessary and is (as far as I know) a unique LinuxCNC thing.

More
24 Feb 2023 02:05 #265193 by rodw
As an aside, try a perpendicular feedin. That is the recommended approach for plasma.  My guess might be that the pp decided there was not enough room for your feedin for that one hole so skipped it. Maybe the cutter diameter changed or something silly.

More
24 Feb 2023 03:07 #265198 by paulsao
Thanks for your answers, I'm going to try to change something Rodw says and try, sometimes I think it's because of the free version of fusion 360 that causes those errors.

More
24 Feb 2023 07:02 #265206 by rodw
Just remember that Sheetcam has a one off cost and will quickly  be  a lot cheaper than a paid version  of  Fusion 360.

More
24 Feb 2023 09:13 #265211 by andypugh

Just remember that Sheetcam has a one off cost

Also, Les is considering making SheetCAM open-source some time in the future (as he wants to retire) 
(There is a discussion on the LinuxCNC mailing list) 
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
24 Feb 2023 09:54 #265215 by rodw

Just remember that Sheetcam has a one off cost
Also, Les is considering making SheetCAM open-source some time in the future (as he wants to retire) 
(There is a discussion on the LinuxCNC mailing list) 

Andy, thanks for that. I had not seen that. Most people would try and sell their IP to fund their retirement... A very generous thought.
He's done an amazing job for many years. Ideally, sell to a sponsor with a commercial license side  and open source the current product....

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds