Preview in MM while DRO's are in inch

More
05 Sep 2022 18:59 - 05 Sep 2022 19:00 #251245 by auto-mation-assist
I just did a pull today and found that after the pull in gmoccapy.py a line has been added to fix the issue that I have been working on.

When metric_units are set the old way as True or False things work fine. But that limits it to only two choices, MM or Inch since gremlin internal scaling would be used.

Too work with the scaling value received a command was added in gmoccapy.py to make it possible to use any scaling value, not just MM or Inch. Thus making it possible to use centimeters or any other scaling number. Very nice.

self.widgets.gremlin.set_property("use_commanded", not self.dro_actual)

Are my assumptions correct on this?

Just wish that I had done a pull earlier it would have saved some time.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2022 19:00 by auto-mation-assist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2022 08:15 #251269 by HansU

I just did a pull today and found that after the pull in gmoccapy.py a line has been added to fix the issue that I have been working on.

Which commit or which line was it?

More
06 Sep 2022 17:19 #251328 by auto-mation-assist
I'm not sure of my thinking about this now since the problem is back and wondering if it used one of my modified files during a make in stead of a pulled one. I will leave this alone for now since I know that my suggested fix works for me and continue working on getting a probe screen to work in this new install. Not sure how git stash handles my modified files.

My saved info gave me this on commit numbers:

cnc@cnc-1:~/linuxcnc-dev$ git stash
Saved working directory and index state WIP on master: e62854c69a Updated POT and PO files with latest changes in the source.
cnc@cnc-1:~/linuxcnc-dev$ git pull
Updating e62854c69a..b2e28a88c3

More
17 Sep 2022 08:23 #252145 by andypugh
I don't think that the UI or Gremlin should change the DRO units dependent on G20/G21. The units displayed (and axis positions) should be reported in the display units that you have chosen.

The physical size of the parts and the preview itself, of course, should definitely change.

But G20 / G21 should be viewed as an instruction to the interpreter (only) about what the numbers in the G code mean.

More
17 Sep 2022 11:39 #252165 by HansU
Interesting. On Axis a G20/G21 change only changes the size of the part (after reloading the file).
In Gmoccapy G20/G21 changes also the displayed units of both DROs. So maybe this has to be changed.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds