Window moves/rescales on editing program, sound error, MDI to jog error.(2.9.1)

More
04 Dec 2023 14:30 #287192 by mrcrankyface
I have encountered various weird issues since installing LinuxCNC 2.9.1 on my raspberry 4.
I have a previous thread about it here www.forum.linuxcnc.org/39-pncconf/50549-...nd-mesa-7i96?start=0 more related to PnCConf issues. I figure this is more gmoccappy related so a new thread seemed more reasonable.

Problem 1:
Everytime I edit a program, the window rescales/becomes bigger. After editing a program ~10 times, it's now so big I can't even reach the edit button.
After restarting LinuxCNC everything is back to normal and I can afford myself another ~10 edits.. Any idea what could cause this/how to fix?

Problem 2:
Everytime there's an error, I get an extra error window complaining that gmocapy can't find or can't play a sound. No idea where to even start troubleshooting this one.

Problem 3:
I have reoccuring issues switching from MDI to jog mode. It seems I get stuck in either.
I start LinuxCNC, enable machine and jogging works but I cannot type in MDI mode. I have to right click and then leftclick in MDI to be able to type anything at all. If I only leftclick it selects the field but it's like the keyboard doesn't work.
Once I can type in MDI, the jogging no longer work, even if I change to jogging or program screen/menu.
Only way to make jogging work again is to disable and enable the machine, which makes MDI not work. And around it goes...
Any ideas what could cause this, how to fix, where to look etc?

Any help is much appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2023 20:51 #287216 by cornholio
Sound maybe disabled on the RPi.

If you look in the /boot/broadcom/config.txt you should find out pretty quick. If the path isn't correct poke around in the /boot directory, its in there somewhere.

As for the rest no idea.

More
04 Dec 2023 21:58 #287220 by HansU
Does Problem 1 also occur when you disable sound in the settings?

More
05 Dec 2023 21:54 - 05 Dec 2023 21:57 #287315 by mrcrankyface
Problem 1 occurs even when sound is disabled in the LinuxCNC config/menu.
It occurs if window is full screen, maximized or "normal". Only thing I noticed is that if I maximize the window, it becomes "non-maximized" as soon as I click the edit button.
Let me try to attach a video of it:
Attachment doesn't show up but here's a direct link:

Problem 2 occurs even if I turn off sound in LinuxCNC menu.
I also checked the config.txt, only audo related I can find is this, which seems enabled:

Furthermore this is the error message:

Last edit: 05 Dec 2023 21:57 by mrcrankyface.

More
08 Dec 2023 16:44 #287550 by mrcrankyface
Further issues has popped up with programs edited through gmoccapy becomes corrupt(my guess) and crashes/freezes LinuxCNC. Haven't managed to find any solutions to these so I've changed to AXIS which has run perfectly for several hours by now and doesn't give any errors.

More
10 Dec 2023 18:21 #287779 by HansU

Further issues has popped up with programs edited through gmoccapy becomes corrupt(my guess) and crashes/freezes LinuxCNC. Haven't managed to find any solutions to these so I've changed to AXIS which has run perfectly for several hours by now and doesn't give any errors.

Can you open such a currupt file with axis or with a text editor?

More
19 Dec 2023 12:02 #288575 by mrcrankyface
I can't quite remember but I think text editor was fine but Axis didn't like it. I removed all files I had created/used with gmoccapy and started anew.
So far maybe ~10h in with no issues so far, on axis.

More
29 Dec 2023 17:59 #289323 by HansU
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
30 Dec 2023 11:50 #289371 by HansU
Problem 3 I cannot reproduce. How do you jog? By keyboard or buttons on the display or something else?
Can you compare if it shows the same behavior with a sample config?

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds