setting up for Parallel port Tutoral Part 3

More
03 Jul 2019 20:08 #138564 by davidimurray

This guide is for V1 of PP, V2 there is several other posts on getting V2 up and running and the difference in the config files. just search for version 2 here in this forum and you'll find what you need.

You must enable EFI to boot and run the USB Drive correctly

I've tried looking for other post on here that reference Version 2 or v2 but cannot see anything relevant coming up? Do you have any specific links you can share? As this guide is describes as for Version 2 I thought it would be the most up to date. Installing from USB is fine, just the config file seems to be the issue at the moment.

Cheers

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2019 20:56 - 03 Jul 2019 20:58 #138569 by smgvbest
For a start maybe these 4 which are on page 1-2 of the forum

forum.linuxcnc.org/pathpilot/36019-pathpilot-2-1-6-on-vmware
forum.linuxcnc.org/pathpilot/34359-pathp...2-0-2-adding-rtlib-s
forum.linuxcnc.org/pathpilot/35125-upgrading-to-pathpilot-2-0
forum.linuxcnc.org/pathpilot/33981-upgrade-to-pathpilot-2

I should add, these above are meant to work with the 3 tutorial pages to get you there.
they are not a replacment for the tutorials
Last edit: 03 Jul 2019 20:58 by smgvbest.

More
03 Jul 2019 21:05 #138570 by davidimurray
Sorry if I am being stupid smgvbest, but I've looked through those links and none seem to be relevant to my issue-

1) This link is all about setting up with VMware
2) This links is about adding rtlibs to the standard pathpilot install
3) Is just about how to upgrade a normal pathpilot install (no mention of parallel port)
4) This is about a pathpilot install with MESA

More
16 Jul 2019 18:21 #139589 by davidimurray
It doesn't seem like there is much info around on how to get PP2 up and running, so i;ve been doing a little digging. There have been a number of changes, but I've now got to the point where I can get into PP2.0, I can upgrade to PP2.2.4 and then manage to get into that as well. I've yet to try it on a real machine - but hopefully getting into the interface in the first place is half the battle.

So to start with i have followed the basics of CNCbashers guide (thanks for that) with some changes -

1) - you don't need to modify operator_login most things have moved into a file called pathpilot.json
2) - copy the contents of cncbashers zip file as per his description, but replace the mill_pp.ini file with the one in the attached zip files to suit your PP version
3) modify the file properties as descrived in CNCbashers guide
4) Modify the tormach_ini_file.py file as per CNCbashers guide - the line numbers are slightly different but easy enough to find
5) Finally replace the pathpilot.json file in the operator folder with the version in the attached zip file.

Fingers crossed you can boot into Pathpilot V2

Cheers

Dave
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: gerritv

More
10 May 2020 09:02 #167244 by Dorro1971
If the interface is python, then does that mean it cannot be editied from within Glade and glad will simply show you what it will look like?...

Thank you

More
10 May 2020 15:31 - 10 May 2020 15:35 #167277 by smgvbest
glade is only used to reference the functions to be called it is not a ide for python development itself. glade defines the graphical look of your gui and how it responsed to events.

events trigger a call to a function which is your python code
Last edit: 10 May 2020 15:35 by smgvbest.

More
12 May 2020 20:39 #167547 by Dorro1971
Aah...now I get it....

Thank you...It took a hammer and chisel...but it went in eventually!...

More
03 Sep 2020 20:35 #180583 by warwickben
any info or guide hot to setup pp[ for lathe use using a parallel break out board? have it running with axis already.
i help run the machine shop at a makers sp[ace and figure for other members having the same gui as the tormach mill we have would help others out.

thanks in advance.

More
03 Sep 2020 20:45 #180588 by tommylight

any info or guide hot to setup pp[ for lathe use using a parallel break out board? have it running with axis already.

Try this topic, it is literally on the first and second page.

More
07 Sep 2020 00:21 #181077 by warwickben
im just confused my information over load i guess, op[ mentioned he was going to make a sep[rate thread. then i got confused about seeing issues with the newest version of pp

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds