Encoder Index

More
25 Nov 2020 16:56 #190269 by Stigoe
Replied by Stigoe on topic Encoder Index

If you want to force motion.spindle-at-speed to true you would comment out all lines it appears in your HAL and add this

setp motion.spindle-at-speed true

This way you would actually know that it is true and rule this out. Then you could move on to the next thing.

If I comment out the Spindle at speed part, motion.spindle-at-speed is true the whole time, so no need to set it manually. Still doesn't work. Just tried it again to be sure. Still struggling to find out what the next thing is... :)

Br,
Stig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2020 16:57 #190270 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Encoder Index
@stigoe

Longshot but is the encoder counting the correct way you might have to change the sign of the scale

More
25 Nov 2020 17:20 #190274 by Stigoe
Replied by Stigoe on topic Encoder Index

@stigoe

Longshot but is the encoder counting the correct way you might have to change the sign of the scale

Yep. The numbers increase when the spindle rotates in the normal direction (had to swap the wires earlier when the numbers decreased when the spindle was rotating the normal way).

But this gave me an idea to try. I checked the .ini-file and ENCODER_SCALE was set to 8000. I tried to set it to -8000 and ran the program. Now it was threading. Just checked the original .ini-file and it has a negative value as well. No idea why it needs to be negative when counting is increasing when the spindle is rotating the correct way. As long as it works, I'm fine with that... :)

Thanks for the help, everyone.

Br,
Stig

More
25 Nov 2020 17:54 #190277 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic Encoder Index
Glad you got it working that's a common problem

More
31 Dec 2020 07:01 #193612 by jefsaro
Replied by jefsaro on topic Encoder Index
hello ,
i'am the same problem , and now , i put encoder -4096 , and it's ok ;
best wish

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds