Wizards with LinuxCNC

More
11 Jan 2021 15:18 #194916 by Vmax549
Does anyone know if it is possible to build Wizards in LinuxCNC ??? They would probably run in python.

(;-) TP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
11 Jan 2021 17:37 #194928 by Vmax549
Replied by Vmax549 on topic Wizards with LinuxCNC
AH the simple gcode generators is what I am looking for. It has all teh basics for a simple wizard/widget. Looking at the Python file IF you take out teh drawing code it gets fairly simple to duplicate code wise.

Just a couple of questions if you have time . Where do you store the Python file and how do you call it into play ?

I am working with PathPilot and this is just an experiment to see IF one can duplicate a Wizard function as we know it work.

Looks promising depending on how you call it into play (;-) TP

More
11 Jan 2021 19:45 #194942 by Vmax549
I noticed the teh simple Gcode Gens are written for AXIS I wonder if they will work for PathPilot ?? I have one running from teh desktop but have not figured out how to start it from PathPilot yet.

IF it can be made to run in a simple call from teh MDI in PathPilot that would be the Cats meow . But I fear like all things PathPilot it will be 10xs harder than it needs to be (;-) Or perhaps we will get lucky and it be simple to use.

(;-) TP

More
11 Jan 2021 22:19 #194967 by smgvbest
Replied by smgvbest on topic Wizards with LinuxCNC
PP is going to look for python mainly in ~/tmc/python

simplest way to add to python is in admincmd.py
add a new command there then in the MDI ADMIN WIZNAME
if you got fancy you could add a new tab for wizards and pick the one you want

More
11 Jan 2021 22:32 #194969 by Vmax549
I ws hoping it would as simple as drop a PY file in a folder then call it from PathPilot MDI . Like everyone else does it (;-) I will try your method though. Something is always better than nothing.

(;-) TP

More
11 Jan 2021 22:56 #194978 by Vmax549
I can see where ADMIN will be handy for a few things but not Wizards.

The wizard would be just as easy to create as others are but teh calling has to be simple as well.

(;-) TP

More
11 Jan 2021 23:51 #194990 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Wizards with LinuxCNC

I noticed the teh simple Gcode Gens are written for AXIS I wonder if they will work for PathPilot ?? I have one running from teh desktop but have not figured out how to start it from PathPilot yet.
(;-) TP

It works in linuxcnc by outputting the gcode to 'standard output' and the screen reads that output - called filtering in linuxcnc.
It depends if PP kept that same behavior.

Some may allow saving the output to a file - so then it would be a two step process.

More
12 Jan 2021 00:27 #194994 by Vmax549
The 2 save options on this Wiz is post to Axis and save to clipboard. Things like save can be worked out through Python BUT I first have to figure out how to load teh WIZ in pathpilot.

I am currently stripping down a Wiz to use as a base model. Getting it down to bare essentials as an example code.

(;-) TP

More
12 Jan 2021 15:11 #195062 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Wizards with LinuxCNC
Does PP support filter programs?

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds