Wizards with LinuxCNC

More
12 Jan 2021 20:00 #195109 by Vmax549
Replied by Vmax549 on topic Wizards with LinuxCNC
I am not sure if it does of not . I do not find a [FILTER] entry in teh INI file. I hav also added it and did not see a difference.

I have teh Wizards loading into PathPilot now. I just have to figure out how to post teh file to PathPilot and have it load. I have been searching though the Conversational code to see HOW they did it. Nothing so far.

(;-) TP

(;-) TP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2021 20:02 #195110 by Vmax549
Wizards will be a sweet deal because they are self contained. Drop teh wizard file into the folder and restart PathPilot and you are good to go. So far (;-)

(;-) TP

More
12 Jan 2021 20:19 #195113 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Wizards with LinuxCNC
Does PP allow you to load python programs directly? can you change the ending from .ngc to .py and it loads the python program?

More
12 Jan 2021 22:38 #195137 by Vmax549
I did try that loading the PY file from the load file function but all it did was load the file text in as a gcode file . Doesn't machine very well (;-)

More
19 Jan 2021 23:57 #195948 by smgvbest
Replied by smgvbest on topic Wizards with LinuxCNC
Try same using ADMIN pythonfile
they made a major change to PP in 2.7 what allows the ADMIN command to run generic commands if I'm reading the source correctly

if you're on the latest version this won't work

in the new source its really easy to add new ADMIN commands
ui-common.py and admincmd.py is all you need
ui-common.py contains the defining callback and its' function is defined in admincmd.py

and apparently my underscore stopped working on my keyboard. that - is supposed to be an underscore

More
20 Jan 2021 00:09 #195950 by Vmax549
That was mentioned before and I did look at it. But it would be very complicated for a user to setup. I am trying to keep it so a user can drop a file into a folder and then run it without modifing PP . IF I can get [FILTER] working it would be great as I could just drop teh Wizard files into the gcode folder along with any image file needed and then call it directly from the FIleLoad process just like a gcode.

I think that Tormach removed teh [FILTER] section from PP so that might not ever work. Shame though because it would be simple to use that way. I do have the Wizard Template working OK and have created a couple of simple Wizards to test with.

(;-) TP

More
20 Jan 2021 00:31 #195956 by smgvbest
Replied by smgvbest on topic Wizards with LinuxCNC
just check it does not work
but adding a admin wizard command would be easy

More
13 Jan 2022 14:48 #231665 by Vmax549
I know this is an old post BUT could you explain how to add the admin program run or possible an admin menu to load all the Wiz files (*.ppw) then select the one you need to run ??

(;-) TP

More
14 Jan 2022 20:45 #231791 by Vmax549
OK I figured out how to load a Wizard from Admin. Now the hard part create a menu to load all (*.ppw) files into the menu for selection to run. Don't have a clue as to how to do it in Python.

(;-) TP

More
19 Jan 2022 03:15 #232389 by Vmax549
OK I have a simple menu setup to load Wizards from Admin Menu. So Wizards ARE possible with PathPilot. Drop them into the Gcode folder and load with Admin Menu, select Wizard and it runs

(;-) TP

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds