PathPilot Gear change

More
06 Apr 2021 14:12 #205116 by J Green
Replied by J Green on topic PathPilot Gear change
Hi again Vmax549
Uploading your code will be quite useful .
Nothing like improving a new wheel vers constantly reinventing a wheel :)
Trying to attach a File about -- gear cutting with slitting saw on 4 axis mill - trailer

When your mill is done an you are looking for something to machine
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2021 22:38 #205200 by Vmax549
Replied by Vmax549 on topic PathPilot Gear change
That is pretty cool.

(;-) TP

More
07 Apr 2021 15:28 #205260 by Vmax549
It is still working fine AND I have the signal routed to an output that drives a relay that drive the air solenoid to switch gears.

Running it all from the PP hi/low button means that PP takes care of switching gear ratios AND scaling the PWM output for the spindle so that RPMs are corrected in low gear as well as high gear.

So far I have not found a code that will allow me to change gears from a Mcode. Still looking.

(;-) TP

More
07 Apr 2021 15:45 #205261 by J Green
Replied by J Green on topic PathPilot Gear change
Don't know if you are aware that he (AKA = You-Tube skidloaders1 ) included the "G code " for gear cutting with the video . If you are interested -- might want to grab it as my experience is good stuff develops the 404 error just when I need it.
If you are interested in seeing gear cutting without expensive gear cutters also look at You-Tube MuillerNick where hi demo cutting gears using a single HSS straight sided (similar to a HSS threading tool) cutting tool . Nick also shows cutting spiral tooth gears .
Bob

More
07 Apr 2021 20:08 #205286 by Vmax549
I seems a long time ago someone ask me about doing a wizard to do that . Probably mach3 stuff. I will take a look at the gcode. May be worth making a new wizard for PP.

Thanks, (;-) TP

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds