Oxy/Fuel table

More
03 Nov 2018 20:10 #119878 by w4swasey
Oxy/Fuel table was created by w4swasey
Building a table to use Oxy/Fuel what post processor would I use in Sheetcam TNG also I noticed Sheetcam has version for Linux. Must it be used or can I use the development version?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2018 03:29 #119913 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Oxy/Fuel table
To get the best answer to this you need to post on the SheetCam Forum for Les. The present SheetCam TNG release for Linux has some problems with arcs that the Windoze version doesn't. I know nothing about oxy/fuel posts but use my custom plasma post almost daily (only the Windoze version produces good code for arc as of this week).

John

More
05 Nov 2018 00:39 #119954 by w4swasey
Replied by w4swasey on topic Oxy/Fuel table
To be clear I just purchased a system from cand CNC Command CNC they call it The basic differance in plasma & flame is: The movement should be. Rapid to pierce point, lower torch for preheat, raisebtorch for pierce then ramp down to cut height through the lead in. I have used a candcnc Mach3 based system for past 11 years. Honestly it worked great But I'm pulling my hair out with this.

More
05 Nov 2018 15:34 #119995 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Oxy/Fuel table
Are you having problems with the LinuxCNC part of the postprocessing part?

I would rather expect the same G-code to work on both LinuxCNC and Mach3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: w4swasey

More
05 Nov 2018 16:14 #120003 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Oxy/Fuel table
Hi

You need to contact CandCNC about this, there is specific oxy/fuel support in CommandCNC. I believe the PP they supply for SheetCam also supports oxy/fuel. I have never done oxy/fuel so I can't help.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: w4swasey

More
05 Nov 2018 16:18 #120005 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Oxy/Fuel table
I am also going to have to dive into oxy/acetylene cutting head first very soon.
I might need those oxygen tanks for something else, like breathing ! :)

More
05 Nov 2018 16:40 - 05 Nov 2018 16:41 #120008 by w4swasey
Andy really think its in the post having 3 issues

()1) on initial start movement goes to 1st. pierce at safe Z height then drops to pierce height to preheat. It should drop to cut height for preheat interval then move to pierce height, pierce the drop to cut height as movement begins on lead in.

(2) torch only moves to cut height during lead in on straight lead in. on an arc lead in torch does not lower till there is a straight line segment somewhere in the drawing file.

(3) if I have to stop anywhere in mid cut< & I hi lite line segment to repeat then hit run from line Nothing happens.
Last edit: 05 Nov 2018 16:41 by w4swasey.

More
05 Nov 2018 16:43 #120009 by w4swasey

Hi

You need to contact CandCNC about this, there is specific oxy/fuel support in CommandCNC. I believe the PP they supply for SheetCam also supports oxy/fuel. I have never done oxy/fuel so I can't help.

John

have been trying

More
05 Nov 2018 16:47 - 05 Nov 2018 16:53 #120010 by w4swasey

I am also going to have to dive into oxy/acetylene cutting head first very soon.
I might need those oxygen tanks for something else, like breathing ! :)

I have to use Oxy/Fuel Most everything I use in the machine shop or Fab shop is 3/8" through 2". I do use some 1/4"

This isn't a hobby for me it's my Job.... Well its a hobby I make a living doing!!

Ive had this table for nearly 12 years It has been near perfect with Mach3 & WinXP & CandCNC product of that age 2006-2007. When computer finally died I couldnt make the old hardware work with Win10 & the latest version of Mach3. so I wanted away from windows altogether for CNC work
Last edit: 05 Nov 2018 16:53 by w4swasey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
06 Nov 2018 11:56 #120099 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Oxy/Fuel table
Can you confirm that G-code that used to work with the Mach3 installation no longer works with the LinuxCNC installation?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds