Oxy/Fuel table

More
30 Nov 2018 05:02 #121624 by islander261
Replied by islander261 on topic Oxy/Fuel table
Rod

That was the last thing I was going to try but ran out of time for the week. I tried by adding fields to the tool table file but that didn't work. I am sure this is doable in short order once we get a good definition of the requirements. The one thing still outstanding is to get the .ini and .hal files for flame cutting configuration, the plasma was easy for me to figure out. I don't think there are any major surprises only that the oxygen is turned on (AUX 1 what ever output that is) at the M3 rather than torch enabled. It is rather simple compared to plasma.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2018 17:24 #121755 by islander261
Hello

From what I found oxy/fuel preheating is often done at the cutting height. Is this true? Will this work for our OP? I will try and get an amended SC post worked out today according to my understanding of the problems.

John

More
03 Dec 2018 21:14 #121767 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Oxy/Fuel table
John, in about the 3rd post on this thread, the OP said

The movement should be. Rapid to pierce point, lower torch for preheat, raise torch for pierce then ramp down to cut height through the lead in.

I think this would be fairly easy to resolve if the OP shared his old working post processor. and touchoff gcode file (if used)

More
03 Dec 2018 21:42 #121771 by islander261
Rod

Yes our OP appears to have vanished. I did this based on his previous request.

All

Please find attached a SC post that I think addresses the OP's request for a flame cutting solution. This post is a minimally molested CandCNC post for CommandCNC. I took this approach because I don't have a real CommandCNC system to test on. As with all of these posts it is overly complicated because of the Mach3 legacy.

_NOTE:_THIS_POST_HAS_NOT_BEEN_TESTED_ON_A_LIVE_MACHINE_! _USE_WITH_EXTREME_CAUTION_!

This post requires the user to setup flame cutting tools in the tool table to work and to set the ramp type leadin button. If the preheat time is 0 then there will be no preheat. If the preheat height is 0 then the cutting height will be used for preheat height. You must be using the CommandCNC oxy/fuel configuration for this to work correctly. The M3/M5 codes are connected to output for the oxygen solenoid someplace in the GUI code or hal and not in Gcode.

You can back up the code execution in CommandCNC if you loose the cut. Just select the line you want to start from in the Gcode preview and start running again, it will automatically start from the selected line. The operators manual on the CandCNC web site has full instructions for this.

John
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: w4swasey

More
03 Dec 2018 21:47 - 03 Dec 2018 21:54 #121772 by islander261
Sorry, you need to strip the .txt extension from the post name to use. This forum will not allow the uploading of SC posts with the require extension. Please find attached .svg source file for above cuts that didn't work last post.

Well the forum will still not allow me to post the .svg file!

John
Last edit: 03 Dec 2018 21:54 by islander261. Reason: attachment still blocked

More
04 Dec 2018 12:40 #121804 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Oxy/Fuel table

To get the best answer to this you need to post on the SheetCam Forum for Les. The present SheetCam TNG release for Linux has some problems with arcs that the Windoze version doesn't. I know nothing about oxy/fuel posts but use my custom plasma post almost daily (only the Windoze version produces good code for arc as of this week).

John

What problem with Arc's?
I am running sheetcam and have no issues with arcs, and I just purchased it last week.

More
04 Dec 2018 15:28 #121812 by islander261
Bevins

This was a well known problem for the Linux version of SC for quite some time. It required setting the arc tolerance to 0 for loading files to not tilt. The result predictably was that all arcs were converted to a series of short straight line segments. The Windows version never did this. I had recently converted to running all Linux here and it was a big shock when I found this out. I still have a multiple boot machine so I can have Windows for this reason.

I just installed version 6.1.56 this weekend and while testing a new PP found that the arc problem appears to have been solved at least on this version. More testing with complex files will tell for sure.

John

More
06 Dec 2018 17:03 #121959 by w4swasey
Replied by w4swasey on topic Oxy/Fuel table
Sorry I have been trying to get caught up on all my Back Orders. I'll try to get back to answering some questions in the above posts.

More
06 Dec 2018 17:11 #121961 by w4swasey

Hello

From what I found oxy/fuel preheating is often done at the cutting height. Is this true?
YES

Will this work for our OP?
YES However once the preheat time is done the torch needs to raise a specified amount before the Oxygen solenoid opens. This helps to avoid tips being stopped up from the "volcano" effect during pierce. Then torch should drop through the ramp lead in back to cut height.

I will try and get an amended SC post worked out today according to my understanding of the problems.

John

More
06 Dec 2018 17:22 #121963 by w4swasey

Can you confirm that G-code that used to work with the Mach3 installation no longer works with the LinuxCNC installation?

Don't work. I selected the post in sheetcam that I used with mach3

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds