Controller build for Plasma

More
26 Aug 2020 02:49 - 26 Aug 2020 02:50 #179484 by xnaron
Replied by xnaron on topic Controller build for Plasma
Does the 390k or 24k resistor get hot or just warm? Both resistors are sitting in air not touching anything.

Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Aug 2020 02:50 by xnaron.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2020 02:59 #179486 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Controller build for Plasma
I'm not sure so I just kept mine off the circuit board I mounted them to. I used 5 smaller resistors cos thats all I could get locally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xnaron

More
26 Aug 2020 19:49 #179570 by xnaron
Hmmm...

I can't say that I am happy about the proximity of the 24V supply to the top of the stepper drivers when the door closes. It is about 2cm away at most. I guess if I run into any weird issues I can open the door to eliminate the power supply as an issue. It is a mean well power supply so hopefully not as noisy as some other off brands. I could also add a tin shield.

Attachments:

More
26 Aug 2020 21:10 #179587 by xnaron
THCAD-5 Unipolar or Bipolar on jumper (ohmic and thc). They came set to unipolar.

More
26 Aug 2020 21:23 #179591 by tommylight
Unipolar.

More
26 Aug 2020 21:55 #179598 by xnaron
Ok powered it up and no smoke! I can move on to the software side now.

I have linux mint 19.3 installed and a buildbot version of 2.9. I just installed ohmic3.comp. I haven't connected to the 7i96 yet or started configuring my machine. I followed Rod's pdf on connecting things on the controller. I don't have everything that Rod has on his machine but I do have all the important stuff. Rod said I needed to flash my 7i96 to get things working for the hypersensing. I am installing the 7i96 tool and will need to know where to download the file to flash the 7i96.

More
26 Aug 2020 22:47 #179601 by snowgoer540

Ok powered it up and no smoke! I can move on to the software side now.

I have linux mint 19.3 installed and a buildbot version of 2.9. I just installed ohmic3.comp. I haven't connected to the 7i96 yet or started configuring my machine. I followed Rod's pdf on connecting things on the controller. I don't have everything that Rod has on his machine but I do have all the important stuff. Rod said I needed to flash my 7i96 to get things working for the hypersensing. I am installing the 7i96 tool and will need to know where to download the file to flash the 7i96.

Before you get too far down the rabbit hole, you should know that 2.8 is the official "developed for" version of Linuxcnc as far as Plasmac is concerned. You'll notice the Plasmac User guide is void of how to get to 2.9 (although I see there is one accidental reference to "master").

Find the firmware here: store.mesanet.com/index.php?route=produc...oduct&product_id=311 Click Specification, then support software in the zip file theres a 7i96pl.bit. That's the one you want to flash to the mesa board.

More
27 Aug 2020 00:22 #179610 by xnaron

Before you get too far down the rabbit hole, you should know that 2.8 is the official "developed for" version of Linuxcnc as far as Plasmac is concerned. You'll notice the Plasmac User guide is void of how to get to 2.9 (although I see there is one accidental reference to "master").

Find the firmware here: store.mesanet.com/index.php?route=produc...oduct&product_id=311 Click Specification, then support software in the zip file theres a 7i96pl.bit. That's the one you want to flash to the mesa board.

Ok thank you. I just want to go with what works well. I will switch to 2.8. Thanks for the link to the firmware.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
27 Aug 2020 01:03 #179616 by xnaron

There isn't a 7i96pl.bit but there is a 7i96dpl.bit. Is that the one?

Thanks!
Attachments:

More
27 Aug 2020 01:12 #179618 by xnaron
@snowgoer540. I removed 2.9 and installed 2.8. Do you recommend using the mesa config tool and starting clean or modifying a community configuration?

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds