Wiring the Hypertherm interface cable

More
01 Jan 2023 15:26 #260706 by Aldenflorio
I’m having a bit of trouble confirming that the wiring set-up I have come up with is correct for the hypertherm 45xp plasma with the interface cable going to the Mesa 7i76e board and the thcad-10 card. Would someone be able to look at this and help me please?

along with that, do I need the interface cable with the voltage divider for the thcad-10?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2023 15:56 #260708 by tommylight
That looks OK, if you are sure there is a divider on the 45XP, some do not come with it.
Also, do not connect the shield/ground to THCAD, at least i never do.
THCAD10 will work.

More
01 Jan 2023 16:52 #260713 by snowgoer540
The 5V and GND connections for the THCAD are not correct.  You're also missing the ground connection for the inputs/field power.

I'm a bit confused as I thought you've already made a plasma table in the past.  

While looking for a diagram to point you to I came across this:  forum.linuxcnc.org/plasmac/45078-plasmac-thcad-10#234455

More
01 Jan 2023 18:21 #260718 by tommylight

The 5V and GND connections for the THCAD are not correct.  You're also missing the ground connection for the inputs/field power.

Sorry, i did not look at that part at all, checked the numbering and it was Ok so i moved on.
Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
01 Jan 2023 20:04 #260726 by Aldenflorio
I have in the past, and I am spot for some seemingly basic questions. Though I tend to start the tables the research, wire it based on my research, then forget to write it down.

so now I’m going back with what I removed and making a descriptive guide to wiring. I’ll post that up here sometime soon to make sure everything is right. 

my first table used a proma and that worked good but my second one I used a thcad-10 and I never got it fully working because that diagram confuses me.

I apologize.

More
01 Jan 2023 20:50 #260730 by snowgoer540

I have in the past, and I am spot for some seemingly basic questions. Though I tend to start the tables the research, wire it based on my research, then forget to write it down.

so now I’m going back with what I removed and making a descriptive guide to wiring. I’ll post that up here sometime soon to make sure everything is right. 

my first table used a proma and that worked good but my second one I used a thcad-10 and I never got it fully working because that diagram confuses me.

I apologize.

No apology necessary.

The THCAD-10 portion of the diagram you posted back in February for the 7i76 is correct (and would be right for the 7i76e as well). Save for the fact that "Ground to post" to the SHIELD connection on the THCAD may not be necessary. In my case it made the voltage noisy when viewed with HALSCOPE so I left SHIELD unconnected, which is perfectly acceptable.

More
01 Jan 2023 20:59 #260731 by rodw

I always make a series of tables of the inputs nad outputs and always update it before attaching a wire.

Attachments:

More
02 Jan 2023 16:29 - 03 Jan 2023 16:59 #260774 by Aldenflorio
Okay thank you for understanding. I suppose what confuses me the most is pin 14 going directly to field power as well.

if pin 14 is receiving field power won’t it negate the idea of an input or output being produced? This is my updated diagram. Does this seem right?
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jan 2023 16:59 by Aldenflorio.

More
02 Jan 2023 17:20 #260778 by Aldenflorio
That’s a great chart! I’ll do that thank you

More
03 Jan 2023 16:59 #260851 by Aldenflorio
Attachments:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds