Wiring the Hypertherm interface cable

More
13 Jan 2023 21:30 - 13 Jan 2023 22:00 #261831 by Aldenflorio
My opinion on the matter is this. I have full faith in Tommy so I don’t believe his advice was bad or ill intended. It was more so practical in the sense that it’s not a real problem he has faced. I recognize the desire to put air on the side of caution as Rodw is suggesting.

personally I feel like it’s such a cheap addition but adds a sense of security. Therefore I will most likely include it.

with that being said, please look at my entirely comprehensive wiring instruction book. Is there anything I’m missing or I have wrong? Please take a look and let me know

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Jan 2023 22:00 by Aldenflorio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2023 02:20 #261848 by tommylight
From a quick glance, it looks good, with plenty of info.
Maybe change the sensor wire colors as those are mostly blue -/brown +/black out.
And if you want to make it public, change the + and - rail colors, usually the red is + and the black is -.
Good job of putting everything together, thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aldenflorio

More
14 Jan 2023 02:44 #261851 by Aldenflorio
Great! Thank you so much. It’s taken me a long time to make this and I’m proud of it. I hopefully won’t have to ask any more basic silly questions. I wanted to make it as explanative as possible. Okay, I will make sure the colors are switched. Doesn’t black go to + and red to - when working with higher voltage Such as an extension cord?

if you get a chance please take a deep look at it all to make sure I’m not wiring anything wrong, as you know a single missed wire can cause much heartache. I would really appreciate that. Again thank you

More
17 Jan 2023 22:54 #262279 by tommylight
Went through it again, it looks good.
Still, i would change the + and - colors to red and black, it still messes with my head when i read this ! :)

More
17 Jan 2023 23:06 - 17 Jan 2023 23:08 #262281 by Aldenflorio
Okay I will do that thank you very much! Finally happy to have a full wiring instruction “booklet”

if there’s anything I should add, or anywhere that would benefit from some extra protection or anything else let me know and I’ll add it or change it
Last edit: 17 Jan 2023 23:08 by Aldenflorio.

More
17 Jan 2023 23:20 - 17 Jan 2023 23:24 #262283 by tommylight
Adding automatic fuses to the AC side of the power supplies is a good idea, 1 for all supplies or 1 for each, does not matter much.
-
Edit:
It just occurred to me, did you see this:
forum.linuxcnc.org/media/kunena/attachme...8/7i76_Anschluss.pdf
forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/39332-thcad-10-7i76-wiring
Last edit: 17 Jan 2023 23:24 by tommylight. Reason: more info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aldenflorio

More
18 Jan 2023 11:00 #262331 by Aldenflorio
I have seen them, it’s just that I’m not using all the things one of those used and I’ve seen other things out there, obviously wrong, but contradicting those diagrams. I wanted to be sure that I had everything right for my specific machine. Thank you so much for your help Tommy.

okay, I’ll do more research on automatic fuses so I know how to implement it, where, and what kind. Then I’ll add it to the diagram. Again thank you!

More
23 Jan 2023 06:47 #262719 by JPL

... Is there anything I’m missing or I have wrong? Please take a look and let me know

Hummm, I see ferrules  (Wire FE) but no crimping tool? Maybe you need something like this: www.amazon.com/IWISS-Self-Adjusting-AWG2...rrule/dp/B00ODSJGSW/

More
23 Jan 2023 07:02 #262720 by JPL
You really don't need a 1000w power supplies for the stepper motors and drives you are using. I can assure you that a single 300W power supply would be enough for all three axis. But to be on the very safe side I would go with this 600W PSU: www.amazon.com/dp/B079D7H2L1/

Likewise the 5v 10A PSU you selected is again WAY too much for your setup, but hummm, not much savings if you go with a 5A psu ...

More
23 Jan 2023 07:11 - 23 Jan 2023 08:07 #262721 by JPL
Ok, one more things...

On page 16 you wrote "there are 4 drivers"... Why 4???   (X,Y,Z + ?)

EDIT: I guess it is XYYZ  (Gantry with 2 motors)
Last edit: 23 Jan 2023 08:07 by JPL.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds