Materialverter

More
07 Jul 2020 12:13 #173827 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Materialverter

Awesome work Snowgoer, a real pro now!

Haha idk about all that, especially with Git making me it’s b!tch, but felt good to contribute a solution rather than just a problem report nonetheless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, rodw, dvn4life1972

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2020 21:14 - 07 Jul 2020 21:14 #173918 by snowgoer540

OK, I assumed you were doing it from your local repo.
It does all need to be in one commit though, which you can do locally with a squash. I am not sure how that can be achieved via the website.
It may be worthwhile asking the question on the developers email list:
sourceforge.net/projects/emc/lists/emc-developers

Ok, I yield. I spent two hours on this this evening, and got nowhere. So I closed the pull request. The intent was to take some initiative and to try to make the updates easier for you while demanding less of your time, but to get where I need to be with github, I would have to ask no less than 1,000 questions, which slows the process, takes resources, etc. and that was definitely not the intent. Especially because I'm not sure how often I will even be able to figure out the code solution on my own. I'll stick to breaking things, reporting them here, and if I think I know what the problem is, I'll just say that. More than one way to contribute, right? I dont need github glory :laugh:

I was going to change all the files and attach them here, but I further complicated things on my end by testing the cut recovery coding, so my Plasmac is at version 0.138. So to update the other files, I'd have to get them from...somewhere...and I go back into the confusion spiral.

With that, attached is the materialverter with the changes..I added lines 307-309.

If you could commit these on my behalf so that the group may benefit from the change, I would greatly appreciate it!

-Greg
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jul 2020 21:14 by snowgoer540.

More
07 Jul 2020 23:13 #173937 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Materialverter

Ok, I yield. I spent two hours on this this evening, and got nowhere. So I closed the pull request. The intent was to take some initiative and to try to make the updates easier for you while demanding less of your time, but to get where I need to be with github, I would have to ask no less than 1,000 questions, which slows the process, takes resources, etc. and that was definitely not the intent. Especially because I'm not sure how often I will even be able to figure out the code solution on my own. I'll stick to breaking things, reporting them here, and if I think I know what the problem is, I'll just say that. More than one way to contribute, right? I dont need github glory :laugh:

I was going to change all the files and attach them here, but I further complicated things on my end by testing the cut recovery coding, so my Plasmac is at version 0.138. So to update the other files, I'd have to get them from...somewhere...and I go back into the confusion spiral.

With that, attached is the materialverter with the changes..I added lines 307-309.

If you could commit these on my behalf so that the group may benefit from the change, I would greatly appreciate it!

-Greg

Yeah, Git takes a bit to get your head around but once you get used to it then it does make a bit of sense. I still stumble with it it at times.

I will put it together and push it later today. Did you want me to bring the cut-recovery branches up to date as well.

More
07 Jul 2020 23:21 #173939 by snowgoer540

I will put it together and push it later today. Did you want me to bring the cut-recovery branches up to date as well.

Thanks Phill. Whatever is easiest honestly. I don't think there is anything there yet that I need at the moment. But if it helps you keep them straight and from lagging too far behind, then ok?
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
08 Jul 2020 00:36 #173941 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Materialverter
OK, all branches updated and pushed.

I have probably made it a bit difficult with the version number mess but I think it needs to be done to keep track of where we are at.

If you are interseted in trying again at some stage I could maybe try to knock up a workflow for you to follow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
08 Jul 2020 00:38 #173943 by snowgoer540

OK, all branches updated and pushed.

I have probably made it a bit difficult with the version number mess but I think it needs to be done to keep track of where we are at.

If you are interseted in trying again at some stage I could maybe try to knock up a workflow for you to follow.

Sure, I'm always interested in learning! Just seemed like I was going to do more harm than good. I agree that we should have the version numbers and what not, it's a good way to keep it straight.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds