Hypertherm Powermax45 XP SheetCam Tools And PlasmaC Materials

More
02 Sep 2020 19:03 - 03 Sep 2020 15:10 #180456 by AgentWD40
(UPDATE: I've added all of the metric and imperial Cut Charts except for the Marking and Dimpling charts to the attached file)

I copied *most of the English cut charts from the Powermax45 XP manual into an excel spreadsheet for quickly exporting to both a SheetCam tools file and a PlasmaC materials file.

If you want to add the metric charts just fill in the spreadsheet charts and modify the SheetCam output column string so it doesn't convert inches to mm.

To export the Tool and Material output columns all you have to do is copy and paste into a text editor BUT I've found that excel throws in some extra quotation marks. Do a quick Find & Replace to find any quotation marks and delete them.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Sep 2020 15:10 by AgentWD40.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, tommylight, Clive S, Mud, snowgoer540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2020 22:03 #180470 by Clive S
Thanks that could be very helpful but way beyond me with the excel file.

Could it be converted to metric?

More
03 Sep 2020 10:03 #180507 by rodw
You could also try one of these Sheetcam toolsets and use the materialverter....
www.candcnc.net/images/downloads/LCNC_TOOLSets.zip

More
03 Sep 2020 11:02 #180519 by snowgoer540

You could also try one of these Sheetcam toolsets and use the materialverter....

One of those toolsets, I think it was candcnc I found didnt match what I was seeing in the manual, so I spent a few hours typing them in myself. That said I have a 65XP.

More
03 Sep 2020 11:27 #180525 by rodw

One of those toolsets, I think it was candcnc I found didnt match what I was seeing in the manual, so I spent a few hours typing them in myself. That said I have a 65XP.

Yes its fun... Spare a thought for those with 120 amp with consumables for 30,40,60,80,100 & 120 amps... but you only have to do it once...

More
03 Sep 2020 12:15 - 03 Sep 2020 15:50 #180537 by AgentWD40

Ouch! That's why I plugged them into excel and exported from there. Spreadsheets shine for this kind of data entry!

I'll plug in the metric data some time today and update.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2020 15:50 by AgentWD40.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S, snowgoer540

More
03 Sep 2020 14:47 - 03 Sep 2020 14:48 #180553 by AgentWD40
I've added the metric cut charts and exported separate files for both imperial or metric linuxcnc machines and updated the attachment in the original post. Note that these are in in/min and mm/min respectively, if your linuxcnc is configured to use different feedrate units you'll need to play with the excel file to make the appropriate conversions.

To anyone who uses it let me know if you find any typos!
Last edit: 03 Sep 2020 14:48 by AgentWD40.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, Clive S, Mud, snowgoer540

More
08 Sep 2020 16:15 #181295 by AgentWD40
I thought I'd add the Marking and Dimpling settings. As you all know the powermax machines have a marking and dimpling cut mode and specific consumables for this purpose.

Regarding spotting/dimpling, how are powermax users handling this between the machine settings and/or just using the spotting techniques designed into plasmac? What's your procedure? Do you actually swap consumables or lower the amperage (via manual or rs485)?
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

More
08 Apr 2021 23:03 #205382 by AgentWD40

Regarding spotting/dimpling, how are powermax users handling this between the machine settings and/or just using the spotting techniques designed into plasmac? What's your procedure? Do you actually swap consumables or lower the amperage (via manual or rs485)?

Bumperoo

More
09 Apr 2021 07:15 #205397 by rodw
Just use the plasmac method combine with your post processor. Don't change consumables because this is usually done in the same job as the cutting.

Surely, this is all you need?
Attachments:

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds