PID settings for THC

More
07 Sep 2020 17:51 #181162 by mariusl
PID settings for THC was created by mariusl
What are good starting settings for the THC PID and how does one go about to test these to make sure they are right?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Sep 2020 20:28 #181170 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic PID settings for THC
The default works fine for me, tested with an 8Cm slope at 50Cm cut, works perfectly up and down.

More
07 Sep 2020 20:41 #181172 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic PID settings for THC
I did a test cut today and it started off fine but the torch deemed to creep upwards after a while.I thought that it might be the THC PID settings. I am also using the default settings at the moment.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
07 Sep 2020 20:45 #181173 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic PID settings for THC
Check the LED's on the lower left side, if the "whatever lock" are active = the THC is not following the material.
That can be due to lowered velocity or some other settings that inhibit THC. There are several locks there, that is why i wrote whatever locks.

More
08 Sep 2020 00:22 #181197 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic PID settings for THC

The default works fine for me, tested with an 8Cm slope at 50Cm cut, works perfectly up and down.

+1

More
08 Sep 2020 06:47 #181213 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic PID settings for THC

+1

This is a first test on a machine that I was helping to set up.

More
08 Sep 2020 10:34 #181231 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic PID settings for THC

I did a test cut today and it started off fine but the torch deemed to creep upwards after a while.I thought that it might be the THC PID settings. I am also using the default settings at the moment.

Another +1 here but check the THC is enabled and not set to auto on the run panel. I have been caught. I like to watch the Z axis shaft to make sure it is moving when starting a cutting session.

More
08 Sep 2020 10:44 #181235 by phillc54

Another +1 here but check the THC is enabled and not set to auto on the run panel. I have been caught. I like to watch the Z axis shaft to make sure it is moving when starting a cutting session.

Why would it not work in Auto?

More
08 Sep 2020 11:11 #181240 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic PID settings for THC

Why would it not work in Auto?

Probably because its not set in my tools. Maybe my tools predated the setting, I don't know. I just reviewed the docs before my post so I now know why I've had this issue.

I know its too late but to me THC does not have anything to do with the materials entity in terms of data entity relationships. It belongs to the machine. It would be much better for the THC to be enabled by default (eg the check box on the materials disabled THC). I have no idea why you would want to disable THC for a specific material. Its more likely to be for a specific job.

More
08 Sep 2020 11:16 #181242 by phillc54
Because when it was originally done I used Sheetcam tool files from yourself and John any THC was part of those files.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds