THC test mode to watch up and down movement

More
12 Feb 2021 21:36 #198588 by tommylight

In the absence of actually measuring it, I would start at 1.5 seconds and work backwards. 0.1 seconds at a time.

That way might be better.
On the big machine (the fast one) that was the only setting that did not leave a short uncut part at the beginning on 10 and 15mm thick plate. Everything else did not work, autovolts, pierce and cut height, pierce delay, etc.
I will do some more testing when i get a chance and the weather improves a bit, froze my @ss of today cutting some gussets and some round plates for the new shop. The machine has been on for 12 days now as i do not dare to shut it down due to moisture.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2021 21:49 #198591 by rodw
That sounds a bit buggy or wrong settings.

What you would be doing is forcing the torch down below cut height at the beginning of the cut, then it would climb back up to get back to your set point. So the intensity of the arc has been increased which probably explains why it fixes the missed cutting. Longer pierce delay or slower cut speed is probably a better strategy.

What happens if you turn the THC off? If it skips then you have something wrong...

More
12 Feb 2021 22:11 #198594 by tommylight

What you would be doing is forcing the torch down below cut height at the beginning of the cut, then it would climb back up to get back to your set point. So the intensity of the arc has been increased which probably explains why it fixes the missed cutting.

Exactly ! :)
Forgot some very important info,, that was all with an older version of PlasmaC from 7 or 8 months ago. Still using those same settings as they just work. Nonetheless, i still insist on doing more tests to fine tune stuff as i get a chance, i am pretty sure i can muster more speed at least! :)

More
13 Feb 2021 01:03 #198629 by rodw
You might be OK with your settings after a quick test today. I will post in a new thread.

More
13 Feb 2021 03:39 #198642 by rodw

You might be OK with your settings after a quick test today. I will post in a new thread.

New thread here.
forum.linuxcnc.org/plasma-laser/41420-arc-voltage-on-piercing

Please continue the conversation there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds