Thc velocity low

More
21 Sep 2021 03:05 #221246 by paulsao
Thc velocity low was created by paulsao
I am testing the thcad 10 on my plasma table and I am using plasmac, when I cut test lines to test the height control it works fine at low cutting speeds but when I increase the speed the height control seems not to work as fast as needed, also void lock is activated some times (only short test lines) could someone help me please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2021 13:31 #221267 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Thc velocity low
Uncheck "void lock" and test again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsao

More
21 Sep 2021 14:45 - 21 Sep 2021 14:51 #221270 by paulsao
Replied by paulsao on topic Thc velocity low
Thanks Tommy for your answer, desactivate void  enable I repeated the test again with a horizontal line but apparently the thc and the z axis do not react quickly since the torch hit and metal and activated float switch. The probe is in inclinate square tube. 
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Sep 2021 14:51 by paulsao.

More
21 Sep 2021 14:55 #221272 by snowgoer540
Replied by snowgoer540 on topic Thc velocity low
Could you post a backup of your config from the Parameters or Settings tab?

The gcode file you are trying to cut may be helpful too. 

More
21 Sep 2021 15:05 #221273 by paulsao
Thanks attached the configuration, what I am cutting is only a simple example plasmac cut is a line on the x axis at 1200 mm / min speed, when I lower the speed the thc works well but when I raise it it is no longer fast enough.
Attachments:

More
21 Sep 2021 18:24 #221286 by snowgoer540
Without knowing anything about how your table is configured, your MIN and MAX limit aren't what I would expect.  I would have expected MIN_LIMIT to be -80 and MAX_LIMIT to be 0, which would change your homing directions as well.  I'm not an expert by any means at looking at a config and seeing what's wrong with it and I'm not in a position to simulate it at the moment.  Phill or Tommy will have to take a peek otherwise.

Probably as stupid question, but are you sure that when the THC commands the torch DOWN, that the torch is moving down, and when it commands it UP, you're sure it's moving up?

I do see that you are on v0.176 and the latest version of plasmac I think was v0.188.  So it's probably worth updating, some important stuff was fixed near the end of the plasmac lifecycle. 

Otherwise, some guys have reported a need to change the P value for the THC from 10 to 20.  So you might give that a go and see if it keeps up better.  

More
21 Sep 2021 18:37 #221288 by paulsao
ok thanks for your help, if really if the z axis moves how it should move but they are I am sure that if it should move 1mm it will move that distance, now you can help me where I look for information to update plasmac to the latest version and then of that I will prove the pid with 20 as you say.

More
21 Sep 2021 22:40 #221299 by snowgoer540

More
21 Sep 2021 23:51 #221304 by paulsao
I upgraded to the latest version of Plasmac, I did tests at 300mm / min and the thc works fine, I raised the cutting speed to 1000mm / min and it no longer works very well on an inclined steel plate touch the torch and the reading of the the voltage seems to vary rapidly.

More
22 Sep 2021 00:18 #221308 by snowgoer540
Kind of poking in the dark here, but here are some things that cant hurt to look at:

Have you confirmed the voltage readings with a known, isolated source, such as a 9v battery?

Have you verified that the axes move the commanded amount? For example if you tell Z to move 25mm have you verified it actually moves 25mm? (same with X and Y)

How angled is the piece of material you are trying to cut? Sometimes if the angle is too steep, the shield can touch the material inadvertently.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds