THC Stopped Working - Both THC Enabled and THC Active not illuminated

More
07 Apr 2022 08:43 - 07 Apr 2022 08:44 #239520 by rodw
This is a bit off topic but I picked up a MSI  all in one with touch screen  with i3 CPU for AUD $120 and the guy even delivered it  to me!
I swapped out the HDD for a SSD and installed Debian Bullseye yesterday.

A mate who had a similar PC from Asus said he had a lot of trouble with flaky network which shows up in the tmax figures. The issue is that the RT8169 driver (I think I got that right) and the hardware is an RT8188.

Apparently the solution is pretty simple. You just install the correct driver and it gets rid of the wrong driver.. It made a big difference

So I left it run overnight  with 10 gears, 2 windows pinging my router and Youtube playing random stuff. It was basically the same

I also have isolcpus=2,3 which I figured was correct as it has the same number of cores as a J1900.

This is now by far the best latency I have ever achieved.

Not saying it is an issue here, but its interesting to see what can be achieved.

so all it was was: sudo apt-get install r8168-dkms

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Apr 2022 08:44 by rodw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2022 09:30 #239522 by snowgoer540

I also made the change in sheetcam and its working a treat. Damn, 1 little button can ruin everything. Thanks so much for your help.

Glad to hear it! Little button got me once too haha. You're welcome, happy I could help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds