Mesa THCAD-10

More
05 Apr 2023 02:42 #268315 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Mesa THCAD-10
What does the Arc Voltage display on QtPlasmaC show when there is no arc with the setings you posted. Also when you post the backup can you just attach the complete zip file rather than the contents of one file.

Being 1:1, I think that there maybe internal series resistors, is there any way you can find out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2023 21:30 #268353 by n2fastcars75
Replied by n2fastcars75 on topic Mesa THCAD-10

File Attachment:

File Name: my_plasma2...9.tar.gz
File Size:14 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: my_plasma2...9.tar.gz
File Size:14 KB
ok i ohm tested the ground lead to arc voltage pin on the back of the machine and got 000.3 and pin the torch head was 001.1 These were the readings on my meter. Hopefully the attachment is what you were wanting?
Attachments:

More
07 Apr 2023 01:47 #268477 by n2fastcars75
Replied by n2fastcars75 on topic Mesa THCAD-10
Thanks phillc54 for trying to help me figure out what has been up with my build. I have finally gotten some answers by doing some testing with a oscilloscope. I was able to send a square wave to the encoder and change my offset and scale voltage and get a reading on the thc voltage input. I think this whole time it has been the thcad-10 thats been the problem. I'm getting a signal out of the thcad-10 from -.3 volts to 3.3 volts on the oscilloscope. It was a wave form but it looked really noisy if i'm thinking right. I haven't really used a scope much. With zero input coming into the thcad-10. Anyway have a new thcad a-d board coming so will see if it works then fingers crossed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds