Qtplasmac with proma thc 150 Z axis up and down too quick!

More
23 Jun 2023 13:40 #274138 by RRicardo
Hi Tommy
I have start with standart parameters wroten in a post by you i guess.
HYS - 2
d-t - We made a table and change with the thikness of the material so between 125 - 150, 4mm - 20mm
H-U - 200v

Know after your advise we change P value on qtplasmac between 10% and 3% acording to thikness of material 4mm - 20mm.

Overall the system cut's very well, we had some stress with a manual torche atached on the z axis, left working to cut some rectangles for about 10 minutes and when come back the torche was literaly on fire!!!   

Because all were inside warranty, the suplier change the torche to Autocut A 101P, then fine tune parameters again to all thikness of material and after your advise to tweek % of pid value, boom, done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2023 13:49 #274140 by tommylight

Hi Tommy
I have start with standart parameters wroten in a post by you i guess.
HYS - 2
d-t - We made a table and change with the thikness of the material so between 125 - 150, 4mm - 20mm
H-U - 200v

HYS is the Hysteresis in Volts, 2 meaning a change of under 2V will not move the torch, so raise this to 3 or 4 or 5 and do some tests. For thin material, always 2.
D-T is the delta time, or the time for the torch to react after the voltage has changed above the HYS value, i would set this to minimum for sure.
H-U is H-V in reality but the screen can not do V, that is the upper voltage limit for sending a ARCOK signal, and this depends on plasma source used a lot, usually 150 to 200 works fine, so leave it at 200.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RRicardo

More
23 Jun 2023 13:54 #274142 by RRicardo
Hi Tom
I think we are using HYS=4 but is good to know, thank you.

More
24 Jun 2023 09:48 #274169 by rodw

Thank you Rod

Also try to upgrade to a non hf plasma to take advantage of omic probes like in your video since HF Plasma and omic probes are not friends i guess.

Ohmic sensing should not care about HF plasma. But  it would need an external shield so the part on the torch contacting the plate is not connected to the work clamp while not cutting
The following user(s) said Thank You: RRicardo

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds