QtPlasmac Offset probing optimization

More
16 Feb 2024 09:45 #293487 by Deveraux
Sorry for the holdup i was overseas for 3 months if you are still interested i can send you a Picture of my Setup.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2024 15:48 #293512 by grijalvap
yes I still interested, I know it have some adventages, but not sure how it can implemented or qhat components to use.

More
29 Feb 2024 09:44 #294755 by Deveraux
Okay well first of all my implementation might not be the most optimal way since im just an electronic hobbyist but i will make you a parts list and a schematic.
Basically you take the airpressure from your compressor line then feed it into a "5/2 way valve" in German the term is called "5/2 wegeventil Federrückgestellt" Do take note to get a normally closed one preferrably one rated your main power supply ( in my case i had 32v for the steppers and 24V on the main powersupply so i took a 24v rated valve).
The valve is then connected to a pneumatic cylinder of your choice ( i had one of these  lying around). Then you connect your probe input cable to the cylinder head (in my case i made a copper head with a hole inside then connected a variable pressure reducer and split the pressure line going to the cylinder so my probe head which was mounted on the cylinder also blows air out while probing.) <--- I did this because i had problems regarding probe offset errors because of water on the material now my probe also has a pressurized air output which reliably blows away any water on the sheet. The whole offset probing thing started because my probe ring was gathering molten material resulting in wrong probe offsets.

Now to the electrical stuff. The mesa board has an output syncronized with (i think it was called) the probe enable signal so basically the output is active when the probe movement starts. Since this is a relay you just hook up your Valve to it and you are ready to go. 
Im in my workshop on monday i will make you a schematic + parts list then.
regards

More
29 Feb 2024 09:48 #294756 by Deveraux
Hi,
I updated a few days ago (currently on the latest masterbranch build).
But no matter what the offset speed option is not visible for me.
Im on 4:3 display layout and my probe Offsets are negative values (-30 x axis -20 y).
Any ideas whats wrong ?

More
29 Feb 2024 22:53 #294806 by phillc54
It works here on a 4:3 display (just). Is there enough screen real estate for it to fit?
Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:

More
01 Mar 2024 07:34 #294822 by Deveraux
Another question solved you sir are brillant. Thanks

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds