Ref Z references X axis

More
03 Feb 2021 02:16 #197514 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic Ref Z references X axis

The issue is only present when pressing the REF Z button. Where can I find these configs shown in the screenshot? or can yo check if the REF Z button says machine.home.axis:z?

those are NOT configs they are the interface and it is correct, your configs are incorrect and need to be fixed, changing the interface will cause some pretty big issues for you and changing those around isn't the solution. go through your ini and hal file and im sure you will find the issue!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2021 02:26 #197515 by mf290997
Replied by mf290997 on topic Ref Z references X axis
I will definitely do that. But what I don't really understand: how is it possible that my ini or hal is wrong, if the same files work correctly in gmoccapy and also in probe_basic when clicking the reference all button.

When i installed probe_basic, I also had some errors when doing
sudo apt upgrade
and
sudo apt install python-pyqt5 python-pyqt5.qtquick python-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5 python-pyqt5.qtopengl python-pyqt5.qsci python-pyqt5.qtmultimedia qml-module-qtquick-controls gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad libqt5multimedia5-plugins pyqt5-dev-tools python-dev python-wheel python-setuptools python-pip git python-pyqtgraph python-pyqt5.qtwebkit
. I asked a friend of mine for quick help and I think he just deleted the parts from my system that had problems and afterwards it installed everything without errors. I guess that could be a problem, too, even though I don't know how this could only affect one button that does almost the same as the other buttons for X and Y.

Maybe I should try a fresh Linuxcnc and probe basic install. Can you confirm that the instructions shown here are all that should be needed to install probe_basic without errors?

More
03 Feb 2021 02:30 #197516 by Lcvette
ref all button is just a command of all axis to home, you have a signal crossed up somewhere. you should really compare the simulation ini file to your mchine ini file and make sure that the items needed for probe basic are in tyour machine configuration file, if it is missing some of them you could be missing some of the functionality probe basic has. as for gmoccapy, i am not sure, but if you run the simulation of probe basic, is it correct or wrong? if it is correct then you know the interface is commanding the correct axis to move because those configurations are known good! that is where i would start.

More
03 Feb 2021 02:34 #197517 by mf290997
Sorry if thats a dumb question, but I've never heard of this simulation(file). A quick google search didn't give me any real information apart from an ATC simulation. Do you have a link with infos about this.

More
03 Feb 2021 02:41 #197518 by Lcvette
under linuxcnc where you go to run your config there are other configs that are simulation configs that you can run probe basic without being connected to a machine
they use real configs but simulate movement so you can learn the interface and play around in it.

More
18 Feb 2021 00:21 #199211 by Lcvette

Sorry if thats a dumb question, but I've never heard of this simulation(file). A quick google search didn't give me any real information apart from an ATC simulation. Do you have a link with infos about this.

did you get everything resolved?

More
05 Mar 2021 23:14 #201149 by mf290997
No, suddenly the Ref Z button does nothing anymore. In the beginning it homed the X Axis. I didn't change anything in the meantime. I realized that I would never really need this button as I always just home all the axis together. Therefore I didn't bother digging deeper into this issue.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds