Probe Basic Lathe Status

More
20 Sep 2021 09:06 - 20 Sep 2021 09:09 #221181 by TurBoss
Replied by TurBoss on topic Probe Basic Lathe Status
Hello Patrick!

> I wonder if it would be more useful, if I store and load the last settings

are this settings something on the probe_basic field inputs or something predefined?

about python3 if you could work with that branch that could help a lot

thank you

edit: oh, you mean the last settings

Last edit: 20 Sep 2021 09:09 by TurBoss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2021 09:48 - 20 Sep 2021 10:45 #221183 by anfänger
Replied by anfänger on topic Probe Basic Lathe Status
Yes at the moment I use predefined values and limits.
For example my max rpm is 2240 and my lowest 30.
So alle max rpm fields are limited to 30 / 2240
And for the speed I use 175 m/min as the default value.

So I‘ll merge the status quo into Master.

And for the future stuff like the table of stored conventional settings and autoload of the last settings. I will go for the Python3 branch.
For this I would also use Ini or settings to set the limits of the input fields and maybe make an export for the gcode with the values into a file.

But as I said I need to get used to python. I was quite firm in PERL 15 years ago, but haven’t done much programming since then.
But I‘ll get another animal from the O‘rielly Zoo, and hope this get me jumpstart din python3. Any suggestions for a good ide? For perl I liked eclipse with an perl extension.
Last edit: 20 Sep 2021 10:45 by anfänger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
20 Sep 2021 13:39 - 20 Sep 2021 13:41 #221193 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic Probe Basic Lathe Status
I can help with the on screen settings input same as what i do with probing, you can have those settings be setup to be saved and stored as well but still be updateable by the user.  the best thing is to go ahead and post what you've got so we can collaborate perhaps i think.. it is much easier when we are both looking at the same problem from the same perspective and can arrive at a good solution.  you should install gitkraken, it makes it very easy to work and collaborate, it is what we all use for qtpyvcp/probe basic work!  that way we can work on it together without it going into master until we have sorted out all the oddities or added all the tweaks we want and then when we are happy with it we merge into master.  :)

Thanks again Patrick!
Last edit: 20 Sep 2021 13:41 by Lcvette.

More
20 Sep 2021 18:50 #221217 by anfänger
with a mix of command line and Gitkraken I think I managed to upload und make a pull request. don't be to hard with me some files or changes are not conform with best practices. As I said I simples used Andys scripts and just adjusted them to work with probe_basic.
For me they are working well.
Next enhancement for me would be store and load last settings.
Then using a table to store old programs and an export function for the g-code. If qt works a bit like Glade in Perl and I can find a nice csv handling aid, this should be doable for me.
Tomorrow I should get a book for python3 and think of a way to include this.
My Idea was to make a Hal component in python, this way I should be able to write my own code without interfering with other parts even if I don't really use Hal in there.
Thanks everyone who made linuxcnc and probe_basic possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: harindugamlath

More
26 Sep 2021 19:20 #221656 by anfänger
So I made some exercises in Python. And mated to do some basics like opening files, accessing qt stuff and some some more.
Now I would try to interact with qtpyvcp / probe_basic widgets.

I guess I could modify probe_basic.lathe.py To handle the button events and files. But I Would prefer not to touch the original files.

I need a way to get these files executed. So I was thinking about making a python hal module loaded in the postum hal.

But then I need to access the widgets, and I am not sure what modules I need to load?

Thanks Patrick
The following user(s) said Thank You: harindugamlath

More
05 Oct 2021 20:53 #222307 by davidimurray
Hi all

I’m really interested in the work you guys are doing around lathe conversational. This functionality is really missing from linuxcnc and while I’ve tried various options, none have been as reliable or user friendly for me as pathpilot on my simple cnc lathe. Now building a new lathe and looking to add functionality and a custom control panel - modifying pathpilot is hard going due to amount the python customisation.

Probe basic lathe looks really good and I can see you guys are looking at conversational. One thought-have you considered using the python script from pathpilot for conversational as it is mature and well developed and integrating it into probe basic lathe? The header in the tormach lathe conversational python file states it is under the gpl 2 licence.

More
23 Oct 2021 19:39 #224023 by Muzzer
Replied by Muzzer on topic Probe Basic Lathe Status

well I have two issues, the radius doesn't work. And on high rpm the tap doesn’t reverse, but I think that’s an issue of my long ramp time at high rpm. At low rpm it works without problem.

If someone wants to try it I've attached the files.And here a howto for someone who wants to try it.

Download:

File Attachment:

File Name: conventional.tar.gz
File Size:667 KB

1. unpack
2. copy images to:  probe_basic/probe_basic_lathe/images/
3. copy the subroutines into your subroutines folder
4. open your "probe_basic_lathe.qrc" file and copy the content of  "add to probe_basic_lathe.qrc" to the image section
5. open your "probe_basic_lathe.ui" replace the section between

<widget class="QWidget" name="tab_4">
and 
<widget class="QWidget" name="tab_3">
with the content go "substitute snipet probe_basic_lathe.ui"
6. go to the main folder of your probe basic folder and run qcompile . 

I also have merged it this way into a fresh checkout from probe basic master.
and if someone tells me what to do I can upload it.

cheers Patrick

Just to show my utter ignorance, can you help me with the .grc and .ui files please? I had PB Lathe running earlier this year in 2.7 but let it lie when I realised I couldn't install Andy's macros and ended up reinstalling LinuxCNC 2.8 on a new SSD. When I look back at the old installation now, I can't find any probe_basic_lathe files with those endings. I don't understand how I had it working yet those files don't seem to exist. Perhaps I don't know where to look.

I also tried to reinstall PBL earlier today using the "easy install" process and it go stuck at the Python bit:
E: Package 'python-pyqt5' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package python-pyqt5.qtquick
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'python-pyqt5.qtquick'
E: Package 'python-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'python-pyqt5.qtopengl' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'python-pyqt5.qsci' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package python-pyqt5.qtmultimedia
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'python-pyqt5.qtmultimedia'
E: Package 'python-wheel' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'python-pip' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package python-pyqtgraph
E: Package 'python-pyqt5.qtwebkit' has no installation candidate

I see various mentions of Python, Python3, PIP etc which went way over my head. Should I wait until the grownups have battled with Python? Sounds as if you are leagues ahead of me on that front!

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds