Probe Basic Configuration

More
26 Jun 2022 00:59 #245893 by charleyann
  I have Probe Basic installed and running. It runs the machine just fine, but there are a couple of things I need to change.The display shown below is what I have. The circled area on the left is the cord display, I need it to show the A axis.The circled area on the right show selections for the jog increment. I need it to show JOG and 4 increments like in the second picture.

This is what I want for the jog increments.

I have seen screen shots of Probe Basic with the cord display showing the A and B axis so I know it can be done.Attached are my config files.

What Linux OS being used including kernel type? Debian11.3 kernal: Linux CNCV1-1 5.10.0-15-rt-amd64

-  What version of Linuxcnc is installed? 2.9 Master

-  What version of QtPyVCP and Probe Basic is installed? Built from the git repos Python3 branch downloaded yesterday

-  How did you install Probe Basic? Quickstart guide? Dev Guide? Dev

-  Have you gone through your ini and hal files and compared to the sim config files to make any changes needed? Yes

-  Have you added all of the necessary files in your config folder that probe basic needs to run? Yes

-  Have you tested the sim version to see if the problem exists there also? (if the sim functions properly, it is a good indicator your issue is in your config) Same in the Sim
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2022 03:15 #245899 by spumco
Replied by spumco on topic Probe Basic Configuration
Your INI file has INCREMENTS twice under [DISPLAY].  Comment out the first one (without the JOG) and see if that fixes your second issue.

As far as the first one goes, I can't see an error off the top of my head.  Your INI file looks like mine did in all the sections before I robbed my 4th axis for an ATC - and my PB display had an A-axis DRO displayed.

I'll keep looking for whatever creates the extra A/B DRO's and let you know if I find it.

More
26 Jun 2022 14:17 #245925 by charleyann
Spumco, good catch. That took care of the jog increments. I'll keep looking for the DRO fix. Please let me know if you find anything.
Thanks

More
26 Jun 2022 20:22 #245953 by spumco
I checked probe_basic.ui and the A & B axis DRO's are present.  They're set up like tabs (like main/file/ATC/etc) and you can flip through them in QT Designer.

Something calls up the correct 'tab' when probe basic is loaded. Not sure, but I think the file probe_basic_ui.py is what calls them in to play.  That file seems to reference gui_axis_dro_widget quite a lot and has settings for XYZ, XYZA, and XYZAB.

Not that helps much, but maybe you can dig around while wiating for someone clever to respond.

More
27 Jun 2022 13:04 #246004 by charleyann
Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to use the Qtdragon UI. I tested it yesterday and looks like it has everything I need plus there is a lot of documentation for it.

More
19 Jul 2022 00:48 #247738 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic Probe Basic Configuration
they automatically set the gui display based on the ini file, if you have only xyz in the ini, only xyz will display in the gui, if you have xyza configured in the gui, then you get xyza in the gui etc.. we made it fairly simple to display only what is needed via the already required configuration for linuxcnc.

More
19 Jul 2022 00:50 #247739 by Lcvette

Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to use the Qtdragon UI. I tested it yesterday and looks like it has everything I need plus there is a lot of documentation for it.

not a bad idea if youre fairly new and just looking to get setup, there isn't yet alot of documentation for probe basic.

More
19 Jul 2022 01:11 #247740 by spumco

they automatically set the gui display based on the ini file, if you have only xyz in the ini, only xyz will display in the gui, if you have xyza configured in the gui, then you get xyza in the gui etc.. we made it fairly simple to display only what is needed via the already required configuration for linuxcnc.

His INI file had the right values to trigger the 4-axis display in PB. i.e GEOMETRY = XYZA, but was still getting a 3-axis display.

Thats why this was curious... PB wasn't acting as expected.

More
20 Jul 2022 00:58 - 20 Jul 2022 01:00 #247802 by Lcvette
I just looked over the ini file posted above and it would need the same ini entry as the sim has in order to command the axis display as desired: 

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jul 2022 01:00 by Lcvette.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
20 Jul 2022 02:08 #247804 by spumco
That makes much more sense now.  Noted for future reference -  [TRAJECTORY] and not [DISPLAY] that triggers the axis dros.

I'm interested, as I've got my 4th axis turned off/disabled right now, but will eventually be re-enabling it and with my luck I'd be chasing the same problem.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds