Functioning Fadal conversion from Gmoccapy to Probe Basic

More
16 Dec 2022 23:28 #259683 by COlger81
A problem you'll run into is using the var parameter file to save parameters and starting at 5190 only gives you 19 tools until you get to 5210, why not store the parameters in as P1, P2, P3, P4, etc in the tool table under the pocket variable of the tool they're assigned to?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2022 23:45 - 17 Dec 2022 00:53 #259685 by COlger81
If somebody with a 21 pocket or more tool changer modifies your ATC sim starting at 5190, they're going to be over writing stuff that'll cause them a crash.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2022 00:53 by COlger81.

More
17 Dec 2022 02:55 #259701 by Lcvette
When those were written some 6 years ago, there was an issue preventing using pockets, there were many issues with the Tool table actually, limited to 54 tools etc.. this method was used to circumnavigate those issues and limitations. I haven't kept up enough with the tool table and pocket updates to know where it has progressed too. But yes the var file method requires additional parameter slots for more tools.

More
17 Dec 2022 03:02 #259702 by Lcvette
I don't have a list, there aren't many and only in the Mxx macros in the subroutine folderin the sim config

More
17 Dec 2022 04:15 #259704 by COlger81
I have seen some very strange erratic behavior during tool changes, running g code, conversational code output, etc. I really want your GUI to function properly due to the potential. I have gone back to Gmoccapy for my daily stuff for now. I'll keep chipping away at it but for now i have to move on.

Thank You,
Chris

More
17 Dec 2022 05:19 #259709 by Lcvette
Without configs to look at it's impossible to diagnose what you're talking about. I've been running my machine in a production environment for almost 4 years now with probe basic and it's dead reliable with no eratic or unexpected behavior. It sounds like you're missing subroutines in your config file maybe if your experiencing that. I know I requested you post them up a number of times, and it would have certainly shortened the helping process considerably. But i agree that if you have your machine working with gmoccapy the way you want it for production, there is really no r eason to change it up. Using what you are most comfortable with is the most important thing!

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds