Functioning Fadal conversion from Gmoccapy to Probe Basic

More
13 Dec 2022 20:12 #259352 by COlger81
I have a functioning 4 axis Fadal 3016L with 21 tool ATC running on LinuxCNC version 2.9 with Gmoccapy. How difficult would it be to convert to Probe Basic? I see MSRDIESEL has a functioning setup with his Fadal. Any thoughts or assistance is appreciated.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2022 20:25 #259356 by tommylight
The following user(s) said Thank You: COlger81

More
14 Dec 2022 06:31 #259421 by Lcvette
I think the first hurdle is just getting the fadal connected and running on linuxcnc and hash out any issues on the mechanical side converting over to mesa hardware (which unfortunately isn't in stock for most items due to the chip shortage), but once that is done converting over to probe basic would not be so hard, just need to map out the existing atc flow process and then can adjust the atc macro's to accommodate the input/output requirements.  providing there isn't anything super odd with the atc and its a straight forward geneva type drive with index/home sensor outputs, it should be fairly easy.  if it uses a different method it may take a little tweaking.  if you want to start posting some more information of your due diligence for conversion research I am sure we could help sort out a path forward.

More
14 Dec 2022 08:45 #259433 by COlger81
As my original post states, I have already completed the conversion to LinuxCNC. The mill has been running for a couple of years now on Gmoccapy. It’s using a 7i92m / 7i77 / 7i72 Mesa card setup.

More
15 Dec 2022 20:25 #259577 by Lcvette
how are you controlling the atc? macros or classic ladder? or other?

More
15 Dec 2022 21:47 #259590 by COlger81
M6 remap with G code. Works perfectly in gmoccapy. Should be fine in Probe Basic. As of last night i am running on Probe Basic and most of my config works as it did in Gmoccapy. Have not tried the ATC yet. I'm really not so sure i even need the ATC widget..

More
15 Dec 2022 21:59 #259592 by COlger81
If a moderator sees this post, please merge the linked post with this one.

www.forum.linuxcnc.org/qtpyvcp/47690-pro...ide-sliders-bouncing

Thank You,
Chris

More
15 Dec 2022 22:26 #259593 by COlger81
Lcvette,

How do i go about referencing the graphical turret. I assume it's in the Probe Basic M6 remap?

More
16 Dec 2022 02:14 - 16 Dec 2022 02:15 #259604 by Lcvette
Do a file comparison with something like meld, the macros are probably very close.   The PB sim configs have the atc macros with the widget calls in them.   They contain the phrase "dynatc".  You should be able to merge the two sets of sub files to arrive at a working config.   If you plan on using any of the other functionality such as programmable coolant,  you will want to be sure to bring that code over as well. 
Last edit: 16 Dec 2022 02:15 by Lcvette.

More
16 Dec 2022 04:43 #259607 by spumco

Lcvette,

How do i go about referencing the graphical turret. I assume it's in the Probe Basic M6 remap?

Try this:

;(DEBUG, EVAL[vcp.getWidget{"dynatc"}.rotate{#<homesteps>, "cw"}])

I had to copy that over in to mine to get the screen widget to home at the same time as the physical one.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds