qtdragon - new tool length after a manual tool change

More
16 Nov 2021 13:55 #226652 by ikkuh

I'm using qtdragon,
just implemented the files from Peter, talla83, video #29
and I can confirm that it works perfectly. Almost all setup was done with pncconf, then I added Peter's extensions.
When M6T1 is in the gcode, it moves to the tool change position, I change the tool and click the confirmation dialog. Then it moves over the tool sensor and slowly touches it. Then it moves z up to a secure position and continues.

Please share your files with us, have been trying to get this working for  months now. Not much luck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2021 10:13 - 19 Nov 2021 10:28 #226965 by hottabich
The files from Peter, talla83, video #29 It works only in LinuxCNC 2.8.2 in accordance with the attached instructions. It is necessary to make changes in accordance with the machine parameters.
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Nov 2021 10:28 by hottabich.

More
20 Nov 2021 16:31 #227103 by ikkuh

The files from Peter, talla83, video #29 It works only in LinuxCNC 2.8.2 in accordance with the attached instructions. It is necessary to make changes in accordance with the machine parameters.

I modified the gmoccapy files and now have a working system.
LinuxCNC pre 2.9 with qtDragon

In the process of cleaning up the files and will post them here in a few days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: billykid, hottabich

More
10 Dec 2021 21:14 #228819 by cmorley
I would like to add some info to the docs to cover your use case.
I assume something along the GMoccapy process would be right other then the mods to the .ngc files.
Could you post your files for reference please?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ikkuh

More
11 Dec 2021 15:02 #228877 by ikkuh

I would like to add some info to the docs to cover your use case.
I assume something along the GMoccapy process would be right other then the mods to the .ngc files.
Could you post your files for reference please?

Very busy at the moment, but my latest files are available at git.cnckloon.nl/PeterT/qtDragonNew I hope you have enough info reading them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmorley

More
21 Dec 2021 23:42 - 21 Dec 2021 23:56 #229680 by Marcodi
Hi guys,

Just started following the thread. I have been using probe screen V2 for a long time. I am looking to upgrade to linuxcnc 2.9 and the Qt dragon GUI looks super.

But I also use the manual tool change with probe-z with the new tool, just as described in the beginning of this thread. This is super for us without ATC and works like a charm.

2 questions.

1. I read the whole thread but it is still unclear to me if this functionality of manual tool change with tool measurement is now incorporated into qtdragon

2. Is the probe screen Ng (fork from probe screen V2) also incorporated in Qt dragon. I am using this to account for a rotated workpiece when working 2 sides of a piece. (Seems versa probe does this. But which version is this? Version probe screen Ng or the probe screen V2 which hasn't been updated in 3 years?)

I hope someone can let me know and maybe also how to implement it. A guide on how to implement these important features in a superb GUI would be awesome.

Thanks
Last edit: 21 Dec 2021 23:56 by Marcodi.

More
22 Dec 2021 02:14 #229689 by cmorley
At least two people have got auto tool probe to work with qtdragon.
There is the Gmoccapy style (where you measure the work height) and another version where you probe the work height.

Incorporated is not the right word - capable is the right word. setting it up requires INI changes and NGC files.
The is currently no official docs that outline the process or supply the files (yet).
Ikkuk 's files above shows the Gmoccapy style.

The versa probe screen is included with qtdragon - it is based on versaprobe version 2
I have not heard of the ng fork so no i'm not sure. There is a probe to rotate coordinates in v2.

I would suggest a second hard drive to tryout linuxcnc 2.9 with qtdragon.
I'm sure with help here we can get you up and running.

Chris

More
22 Dec 2021 22:09 #229769 by Marcodi
Thanks

My thoughts exactly.

I ordered a 2nd drive , came in today. I will test from that, as this is a production machine, I can't really screw up my setup that works for the moment.

More
05 Jan 2022 13:07 - 05 Jan 2022 13:09 #230863 by harry4516
I'm using this procedure:

first, the initialisation, which can be done with any tool, but usually with the first tool:
* pressing a button (connected to a GPIO)
* this starts an nc-file: wl-init.ngc. This moves the tool above the tool length sensor, then move down slowly until the sensor is touched.
* the touch-position is stored in global variable #2010 (which must be included in linuxcnc.var to make it global)
* then it prints a message on the screen: "manually move to the workpiece, touch the surface (Z0) and in G54 screen zero Z". The user must do this right now.
Now we got the difference between workpiece Z0 and the tool-length touch Z-position. This difference value is used for later calculation with other tools.

now, if M6 is in the g-code, a second ng-code is called: werkzeugwechsel.ngc
this is a very simple code which does:
* moves to a convenient position for manual tool change and opens a confirmation window
* the user changes the tool and confirms that on the screen
* This moves the tool above the tool length sensor, then move down slowly until the sensor is touched.
* this touch-Z-position is calculated against the #2010 and the result is stored in G43.1 (new offset)

I'm using this with qtdragon.
The files are attached. Sorry, the comments are in German, but you will understand the G codes.

Additional information:
to call the file werkzeugwechsel.ngc when M6 is detected, this has to be inluded in the ini file:
Section: [RS274NGC]
REMAP=M6 modalgroup=6 ngc=werkzeugwechsel

the initial file wl_init.ngc is called by pressing a button connected to a GPIO. This is done as usual by executing as MDI command
[HALUI]
MDI_COMMAND=o<wl_init> call
(the GPIO must be connected to halui.mdi-command-00 in the hal file)

Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jan 2022 13:09 by harry4516.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hottabich, Antman, zu4lu, Vector

More
15 Jan 2022 17:28 #231901 by zu4lu
Works great. One thing, If you have no tool in the spindle before using wl_init, it will measure it anyway. It would be better to ask for a tool like Werkzeugwechsel. I combine it with a softbutton from here: forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/43393-qtdragon-...zero?start=20#230319
Thanks for this great little tools.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds