Can't run first job with qtdragon_hd

More
23 Dec 2021 15:42 - 23 Dec 2021 16:13 #229814 by ucancallmebob89
Progress! It has to do with my toolchange operation. I started commenting out one line at a time in my gcode file and it was able to run after I commented out "T3 M6".

Now I just have to figure out why that's causing a problem.

Here are my toolchange related config settings. I'm using a manual toolchange operation. I want the machine to go to G53 X100 Y100 Z0. I have TOOL_CHANGE_QUILL_UP = 1 because I want it to raise Z all the way up before moving to the toolchange position.

In my INI, here's my EMCIO section:
[EMCIO]
EMCIO = io
CYCLE_TIME = 0.100
TOOL_TABLE = tool.tbl
TOOL_CHANGE_WITH_SPINDLE_ON = 0
TOOL_CHANGE_QUILL_UP = 1
TOOL_CHANGE_POSITION = 200 100 0

In my postgui file, here's my tool change info. I've tried it with the unlinkp lines commented and uncommented, and it hasn't changed the behavior.
# the unlink pin commands are only used, because they are connected
# in core_sim.hal and we use this file to simulate
# unlinkp iocontrol.0.tool-change
# unlinkp iocontrol.0.tool-changed
# unlinkp iocontrol.0.tool-prep-number

net tool-change         hal_manualtoolchange.change   <=  iocontrol.0.tool-change
net tool-changed        hal_manualtoolchange.changed  <=  iocontrol.0.tool-changed
net tool-prep-number    hal_manualtoolchange.number   <=  iocontrol.0.tool-prep-number

According to this , I expected a little message box to appear showing to facilitate the manual toolchange, but that never happened.
Last edit: 23 Dec 2021 16:13 by ucancallmebob89.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2021 17:09 #229820 by hottabich
Try replacing the Tool.tbl file to the attached and everything will work.
Attachments:

More
23 Dec 2021 17:10 - 23 Dec 2021 17:11 #229821 by ucancallmebob89
It looks like my linuxcnc instance can't find the M6 tool change procedure. 

In my INI, I set PROGRAM_PREFIX like this:
PROGRAM_PREFIX = ~/linuxcnc-dev/nc-files

Looking in that directory, there are a couple of tool change demo g-code files. Do I need to write one and name it "M6.ngc"? 
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Dec 2021 17:11 by ucancallmebob89.

More
23 Dec 2021 18:04 #229823 by ucancallmebob89
Ok so my previous post isn't right, that tab is just displaying descriptions of various gcodes from ~/linuxcnc-dev/lib/python/qtvcp/lib/mdi_text.py.

But I'm still pretty sure it has something to do with my toolchange configuration.

More
23 Dec 2021 18:44 #229827 by ucancallmebob89
www.forum.linuxcnc.org/21-axis/42888-how...axis?start=10#213214

This fixed it. Looks like it was a problem with the dialog. This is the tool change section in my postgui file now:

Troubleshooting this only took 3 days, but hey, that's linux for you I guess.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hottabich

More
24 Dec 2021 02:49 #229851 by cmorley
So loading the tool_dialog is not necessary - it's included in the screen code.
I seem to remember you have multiple entries for tool change - some commented out.

I also fixed the LED color problem - the limits were like that too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ucancallmebob89

More
24 Dec 2021 13:13 #229883 by ucancallmebob89
Yeah I think all the LEDs in the qtdragon_hd.ui file were green on and green off.

I did have the toolchange HAL settings in a few different places but I'm pretty sure I only ever had one set of them active. I've been trying to cobble together this config from a few different reference sources so I'm not 100% sure where the best place to put everything is. What file are you referring to for the "screen code"?

More
24 Dec 2021 21:03 #229924 by cmorley
By screen code I mean the files that produce the screen. qtdragon - usually hidden from the user.

Qtvcp's builtin component is smart enough to check to see if the other toolchanger component is loaded - it will give a warning in the terminal about it but will use the previously loaded one.

Yes I understand it's hard to piece together a config from examples and best practices change over time.

in the file qtvcp_postgui.hal was the appropriate location to connect the signals for toolchanging. it's called after the qtdragon screen has initialized and added it's HAL pins.

Some sparse information here:
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/gui/qtdragon.html#_hal_pins

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds