woodpecker intergration

More
21 Feb 2023 05:43 - 21 Feb 2023 05:51 #264932 by hottabich
Replied by hottabich on topic woodpecker intergration
Hello! After the update, woodpecker 5-axis does not open because there are old files in usr/share/qtvcp/screens/wodpecker. In the left window of mc, the woodpecker_ folder is not needed. The correct files can be found at: github.com/chottabich/linuxcnc.
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Feb 2023 05:51 by hottabich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2023 18:39 #265965 by hottabich
Hello! If we update the woodpecker files as in the screenshots, we get woodpecker_hd_5axis. Please tell me what I need to complete, change so that you update. If you find the time, pay attention. Thank you!

More
07 Mar 2023 02:41 #266009 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic woodpecker intergration
You should review the various switchkins 5 axis sims as they support TCP (tool centre point) machining XYZBC, XYZAB, XYZAC etc. The hard work is done in axis so it might not take much to implement..
The following user(s) said Thank You: hottabich

More
09 Mar 2023 07:07 #266181 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic woodpecker intergration
Just looking at your code - some fixups needed.

help files don't belong in config folder - they should be in the share folder.
You should use linuxcnc's builtin version of compensate.py
Zlevel.py probably needs to be put in a library folder - what is it for?
tool_icons probably should be in the share folder - how does one select images for tools?
Are stdglue.py and qt_auto_probe_tool.ngc modified versions? if not they should be links instead of copies.

I take it the .ui and handler code file need to be updated in linuxcnc?

I'm sorry I am just very busy at work right now so have not had enough unbroken time to help with this yet.

More
09 Mar 2023 19:19 #266231 by hottabich
The help file should be in configs. This gives you the ability to edit content for your machine. There are two compensation options to choose from. I like Zlevel.py better if it's superfluous I can remove it. Tool icons should be in configs for ease of editing. Are stdglue.py and qt_auto_probe_tool.ngc modified versions? no. The link fails to open woodpecker_auto_tool_probe.ini I have already discussed this issue with you. Thank you very much for your attention!. And when you have free time, communicate with nature for health.
Attachments:

More
10 Mar 2023 05:48 #266265 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic woodpecker intergration
The idea of integrating screens is so a user has to do the least amount of copying files to use the screen.

Help files shouldn't change (I have not read what your help files have in them mind you)
The user should not need to add them to the config.

You don't need to remove the zlevel choice, we just need to add it to the qtvcp library code.

tool icons - how does a user select them?

If links don't work then they need to be fixed. the usual problem is RIP version verses installed version of linuxcnc. They have files in different locations.

More
10 Mar 2023 19:47 - 10 Mar 2023 20:00 #266325 by hottabich
Help files taken from QtDragon_hd_master displayed in the about tab screenshot №1 of the previous post. Tool icons are assigned via select icons to the selected tool, this is fixed in
tool_icons.txt. The file is located in the directory with pictures. Each user will have their own tools and icons, so the catalog should be editable, I think. Thank you!
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Mar 2023 20:00 by hottabich.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds