set up a 5axis with absolute encoders

More
03 Sep 2023 17:32 #279738 by stenly
Hello everyone. My first post with needs of help. I'm trying to set up a 5axis machine XYZCA kinematics and absolute encoders. I spent many hours with it without success. Something wrong with my understanding of this type of kinematics. I have experience with 3axis machines. I have 4 success projects but standard configuration of 3axes and encoders, Home switches of each axis. But for absolute encoders I don't have a real home position and don't know how to find a machine position . It's a problem because I can't set up the right A and C axis..with TCPR movement it's little fun..Could you help me with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2023 17:51 #279744 by Aciera
On my robot I have to jog the motors to certain physical locations and then write the encoder position to the file 'positions.txt'. So guess you will have to use a probe to find the appropriate zero positions and then note the encoder positions.

More
03 Sep 2023 17:59 #279749 by stenly
I have a renishaw probe on the machine but I`m not understand the ` certain physical locations`.

More
04 Sep 2023 06:17 #279789 by Aciera
In your case I think you would want to set the zero position the same as in the cam. If you can set it freely in the cam then take a sensible pick. (eg C zero = A aligned with X, A zero = tool perpendicular to the table)

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds