New compensation component for engraving and 3D Printing

More
23 May 2020 22:51 #168736 by scotta
Hi Mike,

This has been an interesting evolution of the last couple of years during development. It started as Arduino based (RADDS based) but then migrated to PlatformIO on Atom using the MBED framework,

I'm now using Visual Studio Code but with the MBED command line compiler. Using MBED OS2 since we don't need a multi threading operating system and the code overhead associated.

Only running on a LPC1768/69 at the moment. It the only hardware I have for development.

For the TMC2209 a module to configure the driver on start-up would need to be written. I have done this for the MCP4451 digipot on the Makerbase MKS SBASE which uses these I2C digipots for current control setting.

BR

Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 23:15 #168741 by Mike_Eitel
Thx Scott.
I have several controllers for my 3d printers.. Mega, Due, Re-arm, mks-base (a 1768 but needed in a delta) and mks-pro + TMC2209. All in vsc with marlin. In the moment i'm on the pro's with the facinating tmc's. I love their way of controlling the steppers. Nearly silent.
I was wondering if there would be a way to use those drivers for chepo small cnc's.
Good job.
Mike

More
24 May 2020 02:53 #168759 by scotta
Hi Mike,

I have a Bigtreetech SKR v1.3 which can use the TMC2209's. I might need to get me a set to try out.

Unfortunately the Pro used a STM32F407 chip that I have not played with yet. But at 168 MHz even high step rates would be great for the TCM's.

I intend to use one of my set-up on a CNC router at some point. Just too many projects...

BR

Scott

More
24 May 2020 08:05 #168772 by Mike_Eitel
Hi Scott
Yes, much to many projects. The pro is very nice but misses until today the usb2sd driver.. So you can not download the new .bin file. For cnc i stick to linuxcnc only. And mesa, as only fpga stepping is in my eyes constant enough. But for cheep projects paralle interface (pp or rp-io) with a small interface for such chips as tmc 2209 coud be a solution. Plus a small independant sm32 to program those tmcs. Thats why i always keep an eye on lcnc-pi4 projects.
Mike

More
24 May 2020 21:58 - 24 May 2020 22:01 #168831 by alkabal
I'm really impatient !

Any reason for not try to use ethernet like recent mesa card ?

Br
Last edit: 24 May 2020 22:01 by alkabal.

More
29 May 2020 22:45 #169360 by scotta
Would you like to be a tester? Most of the 3D printer controller boards don't have ethernet unfortunately. And I only have RPi3's at the moment.

BR

Scott

More
29 May 2020 23:55 - 29 May 2020 23:57 #169363 by alkabal
Hi

OFF COURSE !!

I not really like soompi and have some issue with smoothie config.

I like to add something for autostart after temperature is reached, if this is possible using the led from controller, but this need to be checked only one time at startup (impossible with smoothieware)

I like to have a storable offset for bltouch to nozzle like marlin for full use bltouch for Z probe and to be able to adjust the offset only when really needed with a simple command; i'm not sure how to do this with Lcnc for the moment but i think this is something possible.

The problem is i can't test all the stuff because :
- i haven't a heated bed
- i use a standalone temperature controller

+ SPI wire length can be a problem.

My setup is a isel ep1090 mill with 4 axis sharing config with 3D printer using a genuine smoothieboard V1 4xc.
4x DM556
1x Stepcraft standalone extruder
1x Bltouch (+ touch plate for cnc so i need the possibility to use signal inverted or normal or separating the stuff)
5x physical button on the machine
1x planned filament detector with encoder wheel
4x relay
2x pwm (fan+Bltouch)

So this is for me mostly a mill conversion to really wanted Linuxcnc on this machine, without changing wire and hardware this is very very cool project !

At home have Rpi3 + official screen (at first for smoopi only) and Rpi4 + 13" touchscreen for the Linuxcnc Mesa 7i96 lathe.

Attached my config file if this can help for you to check prerequisite.

For my use i need (but can be changed off course according to your fw and config) :
-M104 and M3 activating the same relay (M5 and M81 for stopping)
-M280 for Bltouch
-M375 for loading compensation component (i like to start config without compensation)
-G32 for create Bed compensation
-M106/M107 for fan
-M7/M8/M9 for flood/mist or light
-M0 for pause after activating the main relay (wanted to be replaced by leh checking for temp is reached)

Br

Aurelien

Ps : really if ethernet is something possible later this is the best option imo for allow to use Rpi outside of the machine.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 May 2020 23:57 by alkabal.

More
29 May 2020 23:59 #169365 by alkabal
Attachments:

More
30 May 2020 01:30 #169375 by scotta
Interesting setup! LinuxCNC is a great platform. I use the tool table and "tool changing" between the extruder and probe.

I'm just doing a new setup based on Raspberry Pi OS Buster and the buildbot deb. Previous installs have been with Arch Linux. Hopefully now that the arm builds are back in the Buildbot getting up and running will be a lot easier.

BR

Scott

More
23 Jun 2020 22:49 - 23 Jun 2020 22:50 #172513 by alkabal
Hi

Any news for your smoothie fw to Lcnc ?

Br
Last edit: 23 Jun 2020 22:50 by alkabal.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds