Retrofitting a 1986 Maho MH400E

More
20 May 2019 19:09 #134393 by RotarySMP
If you have commercial pressure to get back to making parts, forget the gearbox.comp, use a 12mm allen key to manually set the gearbox to the speed you need and drill out the sheared mount screws. Then you only need two pins connected, for spindle direction and spindle on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2019 19:14 #134394 by Glemigobles
It's better to have the main spindle running in case the HF turns out to be unservicable. I can still make the parts for the most pissed-off customers, only slower. Then while I'm doing that I can announce that I'm having technical difficulties and will not accept new orders until they are resolved.

In personal communication, it's risky to promise someone something based on "once this is running" mode of thinking because then it doesn't run and you sound like a liar.

More
20 May 2019 19:57 #134395 by RotarySMP
Sounds like the only spindle speed you will ever use is 4000RPM.

More
21 May 2019 13:35 #134476 by Glemigobles
Should the drives energize for the simulation to work?

When I make the changes in the sim.hal file the way you describe it in the wiki, I get the machine to latch on, in the sense that pressing the hydraulics button once gets it to stay on.

But I'm not sure the drives are enabled (they're quiet) and when I change gears using a hex key, the sim doesn't register the changes. How is the simulation supposed to know which IO pins on the Mesa board are mapped to which signal? I searched through all the files from the repository and I haven't found any place in which Sergey programmed the mappings.

I get that when you run the component as a part of your LinuxCNC config it gets the mappings from the main hal file, but how is it supposed to get them in the simulation?

There are nets set up for signal names and displayed values, but nowhere are the nets connected to the hardware pins.

More
21 May 2019 14:22 #134481 by Glemigobles
Also, any ideas on how to interface the hydraulic tool release signal with the gmoccapy panel? There's nothing equivalent to the tool release button from the Philips here, maybe a regular keyboard key could do it?

More
21 May 2019 14:27 #134482 by RotarySMP
For the simulator, I had a completely separate set up. I never backed that up, so I'll need to look on the MAHO's controller what sim.HAL I wrote for it.

The drives need to be energised (actually E-Stop needs to be released) for the gearbox feedback to work, as they are on the 24VDC bus between pins 200/201, which only energises once the 7K1 relay (estop) closes (see wiring diagram page 07). I remember using a wedge on a the 19K1 relay's test button to "latch" on the E-stop to test that, until I kludged up a switch to latch that properly.

Since you already have a complete machine set up, you might be better off to skip the SIM and just use HALshow within your normal machine config to check all your feedback pins are working correctly.
Mark

More
21 May 2019 15:16 #134488 by Glemigobles
Okay, the E-stop does release, so feedback should work.

What you're saying regarding halshow is that I could see if changing gears by hand (key) causes the relevant pin to change state, and whether the arrangement (which pin changes in response to which motor goes in which direction) works as expected, right?

If all of them change correctly regarding direction and motor, the whole component should work without much trouble.

More
21 May 2019 15:47 #134493 by RotarySMP
Tool release is simple:

net toolrelease [button of your choice] hm2_5i25.0.7i84.0.2.output-09

I have attached the two HAL files which I used during sim testing.

Correct. If open the pins in HALshow and drive the gearbox stages with your allen key.
Mark
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glemigobles

More
21 May 2019 16:27 - 21 May 2019 16:28 #134495 by Glemigobles
Thanks!

Sorry for another dumb question, but where can I find a listing of the hal names of keys on a computer keyboard?

I've been looking for options in the gmoccapy section of the documentation without much luck.

Or does the key have to be a virtual key in the interface?

EDIT: this is regarding the [button of your choice]
Last edit: 21 May 2019 16:28 by Glemigobles.

More
21 May 2019 16:35 #134496 by RotarySMP
I have no idea of how you assign an ascii code to a hal pin sorry. I just found this though. Looks like your need some Python.

forum.linuxcnc.org/49-basic-configuratio...ystroke-as-a-hal-pin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glemigobles

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds