Retrofitting a 1986 Maho MH400E

More
28 Jan 2022 08:24 #233351 by DoWerna
have you made any progress?

very strange, such a linux is actually totally stable by nature and doesn't destroy itself.

You have not made any updates in the meantime, right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2022 15:45 #233382 by RotarySMP
No progress. It worked, then there was some wierdness in the graphics, so I hard rebooted wih the power switch, and since then have this error. No updates, the Maho's PC isnot connected to the web.
Mark

More
28 Jan 2022 16:17 #233385 by jmelson
Every time LinuxCNC is shut down, it rewrites the .var file, and may rewrite the .ini file to save settings that have been changed. On rare occasions, these files may become corrupted. Do you have backups of them? I always make a backup of the complete configs file directory after I get everything working.
Jon

More
26 Feb 2022 18:46 #235856 by drogus
I am only starting with LinuxCNC, but I am a programmer, so I'm pretty sure that I could figure it out if we were able to connect on skype/zoom or sth. If you still need help feel free to email me at drogus (at) gmail.com (sorry for writing it here, I can't seem to send a private message for some reason)
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
26 Feb 2022 22:10 #235880 by tommylight
If anyone is getting corrupted files after shutdown/boot, that can be due to many causes, a failing hard drive or its controller on the main board, or failing memory module or its controller on the main board, but the first thing to check/change would be the power supply, dry capacitors cause all kind of weirdness.
Personally, i have several machines in daily use, they are never shut down properly, just switch off the main power, never had such issues, or to be more precise i had such issues = two cases of HDD failing and one failing memory module.
Such cases are hard to track as everything work properly most of the time, so having spare PC parts comes in handy.

More
08 Mar 2022 06:20 #236633 by RotarySMP
Hi Droque and Tommy,
Sorry for the slow response. I was out with covid. Nothing bad, vax worked, but stayed out of the cold basement for about 10 days, to give avoid aggravating the respiratory tract.

I still need to restore the INI and HAL files from the back up to see if that fixes the problem. If that doesnt work, I'll get back to you.

It is weird that forum has the "connect" with other members, but there is mothing which can be done with that connection,.
Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
08 Mar 2022 13:25 #236669 by tommylight
Glad you are OK> :)

More
29 Mar 2022 08:29 #238578 by chili023
Hello Mark,
first I want to thank you for all the work and the beautiful implementation of the MAHO gearbox state machine code (please thank Jin from me).
Also for your channel that provides us with great content.
I changed your .comp to fit my Deckel FP4 and it works quite well. Some small tuning is still required but everything works ok so far.
I have a short question about the use.
I wired the
net spindle-vel-cmd-rpm-abs mh400e-gearbox.spindle-speed-in-abs
so the comp gets the actual speed required from LinuxCNC. This means that it changes to neutral every time I want the spindle to stop or if I make a toolchange.
I was thinking about changing the script to handle the complete spindle speedcontrol, including CW and CCW rotation of the Spindle the brake and so on.
How did you implement this?
I still want to have the neutral gear but I do not want it to change into neutral every time I stop the spindle.

Also I want to provide the finished comp and .c .h files with a wiki as soon as I am done. Do you want to include it in your github or should I create my own?

Thanks again.
Greetings from Berlin
Andreas

More
29 Mar 2022 11:19 #238592 by tommylight
YUWALEDTV <<< had to leave, forgot to add the link to what he was spamming ! :)

More
29 Mar 2022 12:51 - 29 Mar 2022 12:52 #238602 by db1981
Hello Andreas,

i have done no deeper look into marks component yet, because i have written my own comps for that...

I would suggest to trigger an gear/ speedchange only with an transition from spindle off to on.
So if the spindle stopps (m5) and speed-abs is set to zero, nothing is done, if you do the next spindle start (m3/m4) the actuall speed-abs is used for selecting the propper gear stage. with this you can select neutral if wanted with s0 M3.

With this machine seamless speed change is not needed, related to this you will always have an spindle stop before an speed change....
Last edit: 29 Mar 2022 12:52 by db1981.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP, chili023

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds