Script for automated testing of computer latency.

More
20 Apr 2021 21:22 - 20 Apr 2021 21:23 #206572 by spumco
Trying to run the script, but I'm getting an error message:

(firefox:2062): dconf-CRITICAL unable to create file 'home/mill/.cache/dconf/user' :permission denied. Dconf will not work properly.

The script is running and reporting latency, but the error pops up when the Firefox/Vimeo test window opens. Video loads but does not start playing. Error message repeats almost continuously.

Complete and utter Linux novice, so I'm sure it's something I've done (or not done) regarding folder permissions. Did cut/paste the 'sudo ./lcnc-hw' command per instructions, so it isn't that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ralph
Last edit: 20 Apr 2021 21:23 by spumco. Reason: added firefox blurb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2021 21:55 #206578 by Joco

spumco wrote: Trying to run the script, but I'm getting an error message:

(firefox:2062): dconf-CRITICAL unable to create file 'home/mill/.cache/dconf/user' :permission denied. Dconf will not work properly.

The script is running and reporting latency, but the error pops up when the Firefox/Vimeo test window opens. Video loads but does not start playing. Error message repeats almost continuously.
Ralph

I had the same issue on Mint 19.3.
I used
chown -R <youruser>:root dbconf
to change the ownership on the dbconf dir and anything in it
Then used
chmod -R g+rw dbconf
to get the correct read/write permissions.

This allowed things to work. The video still does not auto play. I just kick that off with a mouse click by hand at the start. But the continual stream of errors has gone.

Cheers - J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
20 Apr 2021 22:21 #206580 by spumco
That did the trick. Testing in progress.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds